Server Automation - shmfs, adapter, HPSASmartBootFS
In Server Automation, The three new partition has been created after installation.
- shmfs /var/opt/opsware/ogfs/mnt/root/dev/shm
- adapter /var/opt/opsware/ogfs/mnt/root/opsw
- HPSASmartBootFS /opt/opsware/boot/tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg
Why these partitions are created ? what is the purpose ? and why the partition “HPSASmartBootFS” size is more than 90% ?
- shmfs - is the shared memory block device being presented to the OGFS.
- adapter - is a virtual filesystem shim to interface the kernel and the OGFS.
- HPSASmartBootFS - is a virtual filesystem overlay to manage PXE/MAC entries
They are not disk partitions.