Captain Captain
Captain

Support for Windows Server 2016

Will HPSA 10.2x support Windows Server 2016 ?

0 Likes
9 Replies
Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hello, 

Windows Server 2016 is not officially released yet.

Once Microsoft releases it our R&D developers would be able to start working on an agent for it.

However we cannot provide an ETA for it until it is released.

Best regards,

Nikola

Micro Focus Customer Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Commander Commander
Commander

Hi Guys,

Windows Server 2016 is now available for Partners and Developers as final bits. When will there be support in SA?

Actually we can't use Application Config because we can't select Server 2016 as accepted system so that SA can apply the template. Server 2016 is resolved as "unknown".

Thanks and kind regards

Peter

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi ITDE,

We are currently engaged in delivering Windows 2016 in SA, and once we do the final checks we will be providing the support for it. So far we cannot provide an estimate on when it will be available, but it should be available soon.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I see that the windows 2016 Platform Installer came out today and I was hopeful that the windows server 2016 would show up under the Install Profiles.  However, it did not.  After installing the update that came out today, our widows 2016 server are still registered as unknown.  Is there another release in the works to fix SA so that the windows 2016 is recognized as a valid platform?  Thanks.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

OS Installation Profiles are currently deprecated, that means Windows 2016 will not have this impleentation. OS Build Plans is the new and faster way of provisioning servers, please consider using this instead. 

If you installed those machines with a previous agent, please uninstall it and perform a reinstall.

0 Likes
Captain Captain
Captain

Where would i find anything about the release of the platform for server 2016 ?

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Do you need any specific info, or you need the information where to download, etc.

0 Likes
Captain Captain
Captain

Hi again.

No thank you, i found it.

It was just that under another thread someone from HP said that it would be announced and we should monitor this forum.

I think i was here:

/t5/Server-Automation-Support/Windows-2016-support/td-p/6903469

BR

Dan

0 Likes
Captain Captain
Captain

sorry, heres the correct link

/t5/Server-Automation-Support/Windows-2016-support/td-p/6903469

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.