Absent Member.. muebel Absent Member..
Absent Member..

ZIP Archive Package Usage

Jump to solution

We have some processes where we need to put a bunch of files on a system, and then some time later will need to put a new version of those files in place. The Zip Archive package type seems an attractive way of getting those files into place, but I am not quite sure how the dynamics work out as time goes on and we need to change those files.

Is anybody activly using Zip Archives in this way?

My one hangup with this is the overhead involved with such a package being registered as an "installed software." I'd like to use this as a simple transport mechanism, but it doesn't seem it works that way. Am I missing something?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
sjmh Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZIP Archive Package Usage

Jump to solution

Are you executing it as root?

Here's an example that I just tried and worked for me ( This is SA 9.x btw, not 10.x )

./wordclient --word /packages/software_repository/Linux/6SERVER-X86_64/1360040501 /tmp/MegaCLI.zip

For the actual package location you pass to --word, you can find the package in the OGFS and check out the location attr.

ie -

cat /opsw/Library/Customers/Customer Independent/OS Baselines/Linux/pre_install/MegaCli.zip/@/attr

/packages/software_repository/Linux/6SERVER-X86_64/1360040501

4 Replies
sjmh Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

You can use the ZIP archive to do what you're talking about, just be aware that you'll need to find some way of changing the version number in the zip file name to show that it's a new ZIP, because as you mentioned, it's getting registered as 'installed software'.

If you want to just use a utility to download a zip file from HPSA, you can use the /opt/opsware/agent/pylibs/coglib/wordclient utility on the agent.  You can issue a '-h' to get some help on how to use it.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

wordclient eh? That seems exactly what I want.

I am testing it out and first attempt failed with auth issue:

Wordbot Error: 500: wordbot.accessDenied, in verifyDownloadAccess in server.py, on line: 1986 None

I don't see any flags to be able to pass creds. How can I get around this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
sjmh Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Are you executing it as root?

Here's an example that I just tried and worked for me ( This is SA 9.x btw, not 10.x )

./wordclient --word /packages/software_repository/Linux/6SERVER-X86_64/1360040501 /tmp/MegaCLI.zip

For the actual package location you pass to --word, you can find the package in the OGFS and check out the location attr.

ie -

cat /opsw/Library/Customers/Customer Independent/OS Baselines/Linux/pre_install/MegaCli.zip/@/attr

/packages/software_repository/Linux/6SERVER-X86_64/1360040501

Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Ah, I see. I was attempting to download it by it's path in the Library.  I swapped in the location instead and got it working. Wow, this is great thank you very much sjmh!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.