Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

importing rpm_database to core

Is there a way to import_rpm_database and prevent users from logging in thru the core?

I tried stopping the agent and running the import, however, it failed telling me I needed the agent started.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: importing rpm_database to core

hello gartie,

Are you talking about the rhn_import command to import rpm packages from the Red Hat Network?

What is the specific command that you were running and what was the error message that it produced?

Thanks,

Derek

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor..

Hi Derek,

No we are getting all kinds of errors, and the recommendation is to clean out cache on the cores and satellites and then reimport the rpm_metadata ( /opt/opsware/mm_wordbot/util/import_rpm_metadata  -a -f ) . the problem is 1 have 2 cores one in NJ the other in Atlanta. I want to do the one in Atlanta, but I do not want anybody to login (In effect force them to log into NJ.

I tried stopping the opsware agent and starting the import but it failed.

thanks,

Gary

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello Gary,

Ok, I understand that you are running import_rpm_metadata. Perhaps you are trying to resolve some errors by following the steps from KM633806? Here is the link to that for reference:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM633806

import_rpm_metadata is in step 2 of that KM.

At this point I think your best bet is to open a support ticket. The support engineer will need to get the specific details of the error that is occurring when import_rpm_metadata is executed.

Thanks,

Derek

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Gartie,

Why are you cleaning out caches? There must be a reason why you are doing this. Please let us know your original issue, and what steps are you taking to try and fix it?

If you have errors please post them here.

Are you stopping the agent on a core server? If so, that is not a good idea and has nothing to do with RPM data handling.

Ed Molina
HP Cloud Solution Support Engineer

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. Also, if you liked this post please consider providing Kudos on the left side.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor..

I have a tictet open for preview errors. Working with HP that was the recommendation along with the KM that I was sent.

My concern was (and it could be a general question) when doing an update on one core how do I stop people from logging into the core while work is going on ?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.