Have NSD use LDAP instead of directory groups - especially for Customers

Idea ID 2787248

Have NSD use LDAP instead of directory groups - especially for Customers

I am installing NSD in a few client sites where there are 5,000 to 10,000 users in the eDirectory tree or the AD Domain. All users should be able to use NSD to create tickets.

While I can change the name of the various NSD groups (who thought that Administrators wouldn't be used in AD?), I do not want to have to manage a group that contains all the users in either AD or eDirectory (really do miss the old Everyone group from NW3).

I don't want to create a group NSDUsers and have to put all the users into it. There's no way to know for certain that all users will be in the group or that the admins will remember to put new users into the group. And I can have only one group anyway. I will be experimenting with dynamic groups.

Can NSD be updated to allow LDAP for multiple OUs in eDirectory and Active Directory? This would ensure that all users would be able to use NSD and would eliminate some of the burden put on the administrators who now need to maintain an everyone group.
3 Comments
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi Carol Ann at least with edirectory you can create a dynamic group to automatically collect all users. such a filter could look like (&(!(cn=*-tmp))(givenName=*)(sn=*)(!(cn=*-root))(!(cn=*-tst))(objectClass=inetOrgPerson)(mail=*))
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.
The feature is available in ZSD 8.x versions
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.
Status changed to: Delivered

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.