New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE

Permalinks for tickets

Idea ID 2784822

Permalinks for tickets

Please add the ability to have unique URLs which point directly to specific tickets.
6 Comments
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
If I understand correctly, I think what you want is already there. Accessing it may be more to the point. If you edit the email template for something like a newly created incident, you can add the Request URL parameter to the template. I sometimes do this with a statement in the template like "You can reference your incident by clicking {Request URL}. That is the unique URL to that request.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Wow, I wish I had found that sooner. Thanks!! Still, I think that the URLs which the system uses all the time should be those permalinks, or, at least there should be something in the UI of the ticket itself which makes this permalink evident/available to the user. That's a pretty common UI/UX convention now.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
The problem is that not all e-mail templates support {{Request URL}}. For example reassigning or escalation templates does not support {{Request URL}}
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Right. Some templates don't support Request URL. I have another Idea/Enhancement Request in here asking for that variable to be supported in ALL templates.
Ensign
Ensign
Good proposal! Feasibility study has to be done before scoping this feature. Will take a call during 8.0 timeframe.
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
Status changed to: Delivered

In Service Desk 8.2 each request / ticket now has a permalink that can be seen at the bottom of the ticket details and easily copied to the clipboard. There's also an option when adding a note to automatically include the permalink as a part of the note.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.