Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Automatically change status from Resolved to Closed

I was wondering if there was an option in Service Desk to make tickets automatically close? I am trying to have it where when a ticket enters the Resolved status, and nothing is done to the ticket for 7 days, it will automatically close. Is there any way to get this to work within Service Desk?
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Automatically change status from Resolved to Closed

So there is something called a Proposed Solution that will automatically close a ticket if the hand shake days are exceeded. These days are set in the Privileges area. Anyway, the way this works is in the Analysis tab that you see when editing a request you have a drop down called Proposed Solution. It should default to this when you click the Analysis tab. This action executes a search in the Knowledgebase for Solution Articles that match your requests info. Once an Article is found you can click on it and at the bottom click Apply. This will send the Solution back to the Customer and if they don't respond in the requisite number of days the request automatically closes. The idea is to apply a solution and let the Customer solve it on their own. Sometimes however, I have seen people create generic Solution Articles that they use when they want this function but don't really have an article that addresses the issue. Instead, they have resolved things over the phone and would like to give it a few days to make sure all is well. So they create this Solution Article that says something like "Hopefully things are resolved. Reply to this message if not. Otherwise we will close the request in X days."
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.