alank87 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Bulke Add User Rights

Hello,
I'm new to edirectory and have been given the task of creating directories on a volume and giving only users read/write rights to their one folder. I have been given a .csv file with
users names and using Microsoft Powershell I had no problem creating the 200 directories but then assigning the correct rights for the folders has me stumped. One problem is the .csv file names don't match exactly
the CN's for the users. I looked into lrights.exe but I don't know if this is what I need. Does anyone have any ideas on how to create the directory rights?
Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
alank87 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Bulke Add User Rights

One more thing. When I try to use lrights I get error:
C:\Lrights.exe S:\STUDENT\Seniors\BDylan R /name=Test_User.Teacher.AHS.USD
NWDSMapNameToID/NWGetObjectID returned error 89F0
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hey Alan!
I believe you are posting in the wrong forum, this forum is meant for Novell Service desk product.
Maybe you get better response if you post in the novell client forum or the oes forum, see here: https://forums.novell.com/forumdisplay.php/426-Open-Enterprise-Server

Thomas
0 Likes
alank87 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the heads up. I posted over there.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.