Erik_W Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Configuration Steps

I'm not sure that I found the right settings in the beginning?

The first step of all is this.
1. Customize the default Supervisor access to include the Incident, Service Level Management and if applicable, Request Fulfillment, Problem and Change Management. Adjust the User Timezone, if applicable.
(See: User)

I think I saw something that looked right the first time, but now I cannot find it.
And the default Supervisor "LiveTime Supervisor" is just a "Customer"?

Where do I change it?
0 Likes
5 Replies
Erik_W Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Configuration Steps

Erik_W;2059712 wrote:
I'm not sure that I found the right settings in the beginning?

The first step of all is this.
1. Customize the default Supervisor access to include the Incident, Service Level Management and if applicable, Request Fulfillment, Problem and Change Management. Adjust the User Timezone, if applicable.
(See: User)

I think I saw something that looked right the first time, but now I cannot find it.
And the default Supervisor "LiveTime Supervisor" is just a "Customer"?

Where do I change it?

New database today and some new hope after the system went havoc last night, for some reason it filled in my LDAP account into IMAPS settings, emptied my main mail account and replied to EVERYONE that "No Team Found" !!!
But I think that must have been from FireFox providing the authentication as I hade remembered it for the login page, I was probably there to manually initiate a poll and must have hit the "save" button without noticing. 8(

Well anyway, here is something that could make life simpler. The manual points to the "Supervisor" view. The first row that tells you to create Org Units and User accounts, points to a help page for "User". But that link is pointing to the "Administrator View" "Users" page. Instead from the Supervisor View, hit the Help icon in the top right corner.

Novell should inform LiveTime, as I cannot create an incident at their own HelpDesk site.
0 Likes
blartfast1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi

I am the Product Manager for Service Desk. Would you like to walk through a 'how to get started' web session?

If so, ping me an email on jgiffard at novell dot com

Thanks

Jon
0 Likes
Erik_W Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Jon,
I think what I really would need is a best practice document. Something like, how so set it up just to get started with recieving requests from the costumers.
No matter what their need is, just record it as an Service Request, no differnce if it is a forgotten password or change in functionallity.

I had it working in the cotumer portal, but then thought that it would be good to rename som of the selectable categories to native language. But that didn't work an all the catagories only a few, so I thought that as I hade som "Items" I would delete them and then rename the rest, didn't work. So I removed all the extra costumized categories, and some Itemtypes.
Now I cannot select any category from the portal?

What makes an Item selectable for the user?
What makes the Categories visible depending on previous selection? Somehow rights must be inherited from somewhere, and I cannot see from where.

Future planning: Thinking of implementing ZenWorks and understand that they intergrate. How will recources "computers" etc. show in the Service Desk?

Erik
0 Likes
livetime Absent Member.
Absent Member.

By default the system allows you to start loggung calls as soon as you have customers in the system. Fundamentally you need to have Customers in the system, Users (the people supporting the customers), then build Teams of these Users, then create Item Types (the template for products and services) and then the Items themselves. There is a good guide on this in the manual:

Configuration Steps
0 Likes
mikrosc Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I would like to to join to this conversation.

I have the same problems with first configuration. I reinstalled Service Desk 3 times, installed Novell_Service_Desk_Appliance_RC1 and each time I had the same problems to configure receiving of emails from customers, to make Incidents. Always I had reponse "Team not found".
Customer can make Incident with portal, and after it emails wiyh this incident works good. But the problem is with first email from customer.
I made all, what was written in manual to email working, and it still don't work.
There is once more point do do not evident to first user.
I think, that Novell could write the instruction "Minimal Service Desk configuration" which works with emails and can be usefull in very simple installations.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.