vilksu Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to assign more than one technician to Service Request

Hi!

I am going to use Quick call Schedules for maintenance work plans. This is great feature for automatic ticket generation however those tickets as far as I know can be assigned to one technician only. I have jobs where 3 technicians are working on one SR. And they each has to report its time spent on SR.
Please advice how to do this or maybe there are available some workarounds.

BR
Uldis
Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
bsix Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to assign more than one technician to Service Reques

Technically only one Technician can be assigned to a request at any one time. One option is to pass the ticket back and forth between Technicians. That will be feasible for some scenarios and not others. Another option is to go to Privileges in the Setup portal and under the User tab set the View All Requests to YES. If you read the help on this change it allows Technicians to see all requests regardless of assignment, and it allows Technicians to edit and add notes to a request that is assigned to other Team members.
0 Likes
vilksu Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks! It seems that currently I will suggested workaround to give viewing rights to all team's requests. Ideally I would prefer to have option to add group template to Quick call Schedule. When schedule date and time comes, system could create all SR which are in group template.
0 Likes
bsix Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Great idea. Please add it to the Ideas portal https://ideas.microfocus.com/mfi/novell-nsd
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.