Highlighted
leonkrown Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Missing Outages Settings in Privileges

Hello,

As I am working through configuring Service Desk for evaluation, I can't help but come across little issues that I'm unable to find answers for in the documentation or on the support site. With no maintenance for support on the product as we're just evaluating, I turn to the forums for your help.

In this case, logged in as a user in the supervisors group or with the built-in admin account, I am looking over the privileges and I can not seem to find where the Outages options went. Under the User tab, there is no "Create Outage" option. Under the System tab, there are no "Outage Options" to configure.

Maybe it is not displaying as a result of some other setting I've configured, but I'm not certain. After re-reading the docs again, I do see a note about "All Outages options apply to the Service Manager only". I'm not sure what they are referring to. Is this why I don't see those options as we're not running the fully licensed/capable version of Service Desk?

Ideas?

System: Appliance v7.0.2 / Incident Management version.

Thanks!

LK
0 Likes
4 Replies
wjterveld Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Missing Outages Settings in Privileges

Hi Leon,

At first you have to enable outage in the setup screen. Under the Privileges set the "Create Outage" option to YES.
This will let you create and manage the Outage.
0 Likes
leonkrown Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The reason for those settings (outages) that are missing seems to be related to the two technician license we received through our open workgroup suite/zenworks maintenance, which only allows for the Incident Management portion of the software. I had seen the outages settings in the privileges before I added our two technician license. Once that was added, a number of settings/options/features were removed of course, although I wish the outages could have stayed in the basic version of Service Desk. Seems like a feature that should be there even for the Incident Management version too.
0 Likes
BMcDowell1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Nice to know that fact, Leon, and - if it's still true 18 months down the line, you're absolutely correct: those features should be part of the incident-only variant of the product.

Bruce McDowell Technical Services Consultant, McDowell Consulting LLC bruce@consultbruce.com
0 Likes
padharsh1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes that is right Outages feature is available in ITIL variant only
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.