Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
mickers Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Question about Incident vs Service Requests

Hi all,
I've just rebuilt our NSD appliance, and have it up and running, primarily with 'incident' support.

We have a small team (for this appliance, we have 2 categories, and 1 tech per category). I'm trying to work out whether there is any benefit to using Incidents vs Service requests. We don't have the full ITIL stuff, so have no need to dig into that side. Our primary requirement is a helpdesk system that allows jobs to be created, tracked, and followed up, and eventually Closed.

If I have both Incidents and Service Requests, they seem to be listed on separate screens, from a Technician perspective. We need a 'single pane of glass' so a tech can see any issues he (or his team, since he is the only member) has.

I'd appreciate any thoughts on what others have done.

Thanks.
0 Likes
1 Reply
rsankar1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Question about Incident vs Service Requests

Goto Home->My Tasks and locate the Filer drop down, where you will have options to select My Tasks or My Team Tasks. It will list all requests including Incidents and Service Requests.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.