hfr63 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SUPER account locked out

Admin account is working, but the SUPER account is locked out. How do we unlock it in version 7.01? Cannot create Teams even using the Admin account, so I'm assuming we need the Super account to do this function.
0 Likes
8 Replies
hfr63 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: SUPER account locked out

It's not locked but DEACTIVATED. How do we reactivate it?
0 Likes
hfr63 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

NEVER MIND. Figured it out.
0 Likes
leonkrown Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Would you mind sharing how you were able to reactivate the super account?

Thanks,
LK
0 Likes
leonkrown Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I've since learned that once you integrate LDAP/AD, the Supervisor account is deactivated and no longer used. You still have the admin account to login into the system. I have no intentions of removing LDAP integration, so I am not sure if the super account would be reactivated if LDAP was removed.
0 Likes
wjterveld Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Nope!

Once you use LDAP it will be deactivated. If you want to use the super user again create a supervisor group in your LDAP server and add a supervisor user to this group.
0 Likes
leonkrown Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, that is correct that by adding a user to a Supervisors group in the LDAP would allow for a user to have those permissions. I was looking for the actual super/super user that was in the default setup before the LDAP integration.
0 Likes
Paul_Beland1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

leonkrown;2298160 wrote:
Yes, that is correct that by adding a user to a Supervisors group in the LDAP would allow for a user to have those permissions. I was looking for the actual super/super user that was in the default setup before the LDAP integration.

Did you find a solution for this? as i'm having the same problem, and want to be able to use the super/super user again
0 Likes
hfr63 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can also be a licensing issue. That's what I ended up having to do. Since we only had 2 licenses for Supervisor, I had to remove one of the users and put me into the group and then resync the accounts so that my account was listed as a Supervisor.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.