motc7 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Service Desk General Questions

We just upgraded from Zenworks 10 to 11, and with that purchase, got a license for Service Desk. We currently use SysAid's cloud service for logging tickets, etc, but we are shopping alternatives.

I cannot seem to tell, but is Service Desk strictly something you have to install to a server, or does Novell offer a cloud based version of this? Any help is appreciated. I could have contacted Sales, but I figure I would use the community first. Thanks!
0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Service Desk General Questions

>
> I cannot seem to tell, but is Service Desk strictly something you have
> to install to a server, or does Novell offer a cloud based version of
> this? Any help is appreciated. I could have contacted Sales, but I
> figure I would use the community first. Thanks!

I just asked the Product Manager, at this time Novell will NOT offer a
hosted service, though we may have Partners that will do so.

Novel Service Desk allows for Multi-tenancy and can easily be implemented in
"The Cloud".

It is also very easily installed in-house and is very easy to installs. We
currently have a training course that will show the basic install and
configuration. The base configuration, as with all ITIL based solutions is
all dependent on the level of detail that you want in your Configuration
Management Database (CMBD)

hope that helps.

Paul

--
Paul

0 Likes
rivertido Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Service Desk General Questions

Good afternoon, I have a problem wanting to install the .ovf image of service desk 7.1, with vmware workstation can not open it shows me an error, that image can be only imported into esx?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.