wjterveld Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Unable to add Organizational Units

:confused::confused:

I just installed the appliance and did some testing. But I'm not able to add Organizational Units ?
For some reason I lost the super user allso when I added someone to the supervisor ldap group. Removing the supervisor group did not return me the super user?

I think this is a great tool. But I need to add Organizational Units again..
0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to add Organizational Units

I'll need to verify, but I think you need to log in as log in with someone
who is in the administrators group.....who can access the setup portion
which will allow you to set up the org units.

Paul

>>>

> :confused::confused:
>
> I just installed the appliance and did some testing. But I'm not able
> to add Organizational Units ?
> For some reason I lost the super user allso when I added someone to the
> supervisor ldap group. Removing the supervisor group did not return me
> the super user?
>
> I think this is a great tool. But I need to add Organizational Units
> again..

--
Paul

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Paul,

What I did yesterday is install a new version (appliance) and checked with the default "super"user. He could create a new org unit.
Then I confiured the ldap connection. There is a supervisor group with a member is in it. After setting up the LDAP user super is not able to login anymore. And the user in the Supervisor group is a supervisor in the tool. But is not able to create new org units.
It could be a bug in the beta version?

O removing the ldap is not possible so I can not check what would happen. It wil not recreate the default super user anymore.

Hope this was a bit helpfull
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Little update.

I did a fresh install on a Windows server. With the same problem. After setting up the ldap connector the "super" user gets disabled and the new super user is not able to add a org unit.!
I go ant try the same thing with version 7. Alle other test were with the beta 7 version.
0 Likes
padharsh1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

The default "Super" user account is automatically disabled after configuring LDAP. Use the supervisor account

On adding organization units - you can do it in two ways

1. Organizational Unit relationships can also be mapped from the authentication(LDAP) server. Make sure you add the company name, department name to the customer properties in your ldap server. To activate Customer Organizational Unit mapping, select Yes for the Import Customer Organizational Units option (Setup->LDAP->Advanced) and map the attributes.By default this is not enabled.

2. If you want to add Organizational units from with-in service desk then select Yes for Mixed Mode for LDAP/AD (Setup->Privileges->Customer)

Let me know how it went
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Hi,

I found the LDAP dualmode switch. And this did the trick.

thnx
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.