nwadmsitn
Visitor.

ZCM fields maping to NSD

Hi,

I have configured AMIE to import ZCM into NSD.

I can see that some of the ZCM fields i need are missing into NSD. For example i have add some custom attributes in ZCM with the installation date of the device, the version of the master and i want to get that information inside NSD.

I try to play with custom fields in the hardware category but i don't understand how the mapping is done.

Is it possible ?

Where should i tell nsd wich ZCM field sould be imported in wich NSD field ?

Thanks

Stephane
0 Likes
1 Reply
rsankar1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZCM fields maping to NSD

Manually you have edit the import driver XML. You can export the import XMl with the help of below link. This requires basic knowledge on XML , ZCM schema, NSD Schema and HQL. If you export and see the XML

For Example
<QUERY NAME="wsQuery">SELECT ncWorkstation FROM com.livetime.assetimport.NCWORKSTATION ncWorkstation WHERE ncWorkstation.PROPWORKSTATIONOID = :ASSETID</QUERY>

WsQuery is written to fetch data from ZENworks NC_Workstation table. You can notice some fields are populated using the query like

<!-- FIELD2 = "RAM" -->
<ITEM_PROPERTY FIELD="field2" VALUE_PREFIX="" VALUE="wsQuery.PROPTOTALMEMORY" VALUE_SUFFIX=" MB" TYPE="LOOKUP" />
<!-- FIELD3 = "MAC Address" -->
<ITEM_PROPERTY FIELD="field3" VALUE_PREFIX="" VALUE="wsQuery.PROPLANADDRESS" VALUE_SUFFIX="" TYPE="LOOKUP" />
<!-- FIELD4 = "Network Address" -->
<ITEM_PROPERTY FIELD="field4" VALUE_PREFIX="" VALUE="wsQuery.PROPIPADDRESS" VALUE_SUFFIX="" TYPE="LOOKUP" />
<!-- FIELD5 = "Network Name" -->
<ITEM_PROPERTY FIELD="field5" VALUE_PREFIX="" VALUE="wsQuery.PROPMACHINENAME" VALUE_SUFFIX="" TYPE="LOOKUP" />
<!-- FIELD7 = "OS Version" -->
<ITEM_PROPERTY FIELD="field7" VALUE_PREFIX="" VALUE="wsQuery.PROPOSMODEL" VALUE_SUFFIX="" TYPE="LOOKUP" />

So to fetch your own data from ZENworks you have to write your own query and populate it to any field in Item. In 7.0.1 field1 to field20 are available to store data. In 7.0.2 field1 to field40 are available.

AMIE Customized Mapping for Servers
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.