rhuhman1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ZSD7.5 ZENworks Setup?

I have been working on setting up the Service Desk product in my environment off and on for a few months now. Since 7.5 was released I decided to start over after learning a lot on my last setup. I was able to get LDAP connected and started syncing users/groups. I also got the initial ZENworks connection started. When I attempt to configure the ZENworks DB server for my ZSD to connect to I get a Database Connection Failed. I struggled with this on version 7.4 and ran out of time before I could solve this.

I am running an External Sybase DB on its own server. I have connected to this db outside of this process before and have both the DB and Audit DB credentials saved. I am either placing the wrong information in for this connection Or have some other issue I hope one of you that has setup this might be able to help me get resolved.

ZSD7.5 Appliance
ZENworks Setup:
Identify: ZP1
Type: Sybase Anywhere
Host: DNS Name of my zendb server (have tried IP in the past with no luck)
Port: 2638
Name: zenworks_admin
Username: zenadmin
Password: one used in the past to connect using the sybase db tools.
Schema: dbo
Catalog: zenworks_ (Have also treid zenworks_admin)

My ZCM server setup was an all in one non-appliance server that I ported over the DB to the external sybase version to improve performance. I have been running two Primary servers and the external db for a few years now.

I followed the online docs on this and haven't been successful yet. Any Ideas on what I might be missing?

Thanks!

Richard
0 Likes
1 Reply
rhuhman1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZSD7.5 ZENworks Setup?

I found the error in my configuration. A older document showed an image of the setup with the schema left empty instead of dbo or zenworks. I followed that example and was able to get the ZENworks attachment as required.

Richard
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.