wirtzal Absent Member.
Absent Member.

livetime Version and Novell ServiceDesk Version

Hello @ all!

Is anybody knowing anything about the differents in Versions of livetime and ServiceDesk.
I know LiveTime is on Version 6.5 and Novell ServiceDesk is still on Version 6.2.

I want to know if it's possible to become the Novell ServiceDesk Version 6.5 because I've heard that problems with the language translation from the Database is fixed in that Version.

Someone from Novell knows when this Verson will be availible?

Kind regards
0 Likes
6 Replies
mikrosc Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: livetime Version and Novell ServiceDesk Version

Hi,
I just tested version NSD 6.5 RC1. Main problems with national letters are resolved. And translation is better, but not all ... 😞
I know (from Novell support) that v.6.5 will be available about half of july.

I wait for it too.
0 Likes
wirtzal Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

thanks for information. Do you know where I can get RC1?
Have you testet if the database field in the mail notification to the costumers has the right language?

Kind regards
0 Likes
mikrosc Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I tested it in Polish with polish letters.
The 6.2 version send unreadable Subject when Polish letters are used.
An example: "=?ANSI_X3.4-1968?Q?ServiceDesk:_Incident_#100002_Prosz=3F_o_sprawdze?==?ANSI_X3.4-1968?Q?nie_polkich_liter_=3F=3F=3F=3F=3F?==?ANSI_X3.4-1968?Q?=3F=3F=3F__ (Pending)_-_Created?="

In v.6.5 the subject of mail is clear with right Polish letters.
Customers in my database has not defined language.

I didn't tested any other languages.
The RC1 version i received from Novell Support to test if problems was resolved which I send to them as Support Request.
0 Likes
wirtzal Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for that answer.
My problem is, that the system language could not be changed.
What I meen is that there is no way to have the complete customers mail notification in your specific language. The DB-fields in the system always send in english. No way to change it. Novell support told me that in V6.5 it will be fixed.

And now I'm looking forward for V6.5 to test it 😉
0 Likes
wirtzal Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Did anyone know the release date for Version 6.5?

Regards
0 Likes
mcurrie
Visitor.

About Week 1 or Week 2 August as both installable and appliance.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.