Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
dfilipovic2 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

HPSM - how to attach attachment from Incident to Interaction

Jump to solution

Hello experts,

I am interested how can I attach attachment for Interaction (incidents) from Incident (probsummary).
I know I can go to Related Records and if Operator has rights to save attachment he can do It like that.

I don't want to copy attachment from Incident to Interaction I want to choose which attachments will be on Incident and which will be on Interaction.

2017-10-09_125214.jpg

How can I add a button that will have same functionality on TAB "Incident Attachments" but to add a new attachment to Interaction in TAB "Interaction Attachments", is it possible?2017-10-09_125240.jpg

Best regards,
Dino

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: HPSM - how to attach attachment from Incident to Interaction

Jump to solution

I found a solution that is OK by me. I will copy attachment from Incident to Interaction if "Customer Visible" checkbox is checked (I will add new field and checkbox for purpose of attachment).

Best regards
Dino

5 Replies
SandyAdmin Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

I remember a fix related to this, check if you will consider it.

We don't want attachment per record in different modules as is. So the fix was a link to attachment - When you check the attachment TAB of a record, you will find...

1. attachment of the current record as currently designed OOB.

2. Links to attachment for each and every related record.

Related Change CMXXXX (with 2 attachment )

Attachment 1 (Link) - This will open the attachment if you click - no need to open the  CMXXXX

Attachment 2(Link) -

Related Incident IMXXXX (with 1 attachment)

Attachment 1 (Link) - This will open the attachment if you click - no need to open the  IMCXXXX

The fix is a combination of Script and an update of the Form (modify the attachment TAB). Plese let me know if you are interested.

Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello @SandyAdmin, I saw the solution for that, it is good but I need to attach an attachment from Incident (TAB attachments, TAB interaction, Object probsummary) to Interaction (Object Incidents) and that is a problem.

Because OOTB functionality is that when I add attachment on Object probsummary that will create a relation in sysattachments table with IM but I need a feature that will create when I have selected tab Interaction that will create a relation between Interaction and sysattachment table. 

What I mean, I need to tell HPSM to create relation with SD but from IM.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

I found a solution that is OK by me. I will copy attachment from Incident to Interaction if "Customer Visible" checkbox is checked (I will add new field and checkbox for purpose of attachment).

Best regards
Dino

Rinki
New Member.

Jump to solution

Hello Sandy,

can you please provide the solution scripts.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
BAGAss Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

i will not to be write in detail but it is somthing like

var incident_id = 
var probsum_id =
var att = new SCFile('SYSATTACHMENTS');
var ra = att.doSelect('topic="'+iicident.id+'"');
if(ra==0)
{
att.topic=probsum_id;
att.doSAVE();
}

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.