Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

9.60 Upgrade Failure

We recently conducted an upgrade from SM 9.41.0020 to 9.60.0025 on our Sandbox instance.  We completed all steps successfully and then attempted to apply the upgrade package to our Development instance.  When the upgrade completed, we received this error:

• Process panel cleanup in RAD apm.upgrade.load.transfer.ux encountered error in line 3 (apm.upgrade.load.transfer.ux,cleanup)
  • Cannot evaluate expression (apm.upgrade.load.transfer.ux,cleanup)
  • Bad arg(2) oper = (apm.upgrade.load.transfer.ux,cleanup)
  • Cannot evaluate expression (apm.upgrade.load.transfer.ux,cleanup)
  • Script 'upgradeLog'  line 478: ERROR TypeError: PHASE has no properties at char 1
  • Process panel set.full.path in RAD apm.upgrade.load.transfer.ux encountered error in line 1 (apm.upgrade.load.transfer.ux,set.full.path)
  • Cannot evaluate expression (apm.upgrade.load.transfer.ux,set.full.path)
  • Bad arg(2) oper = (apm.upgrade.load.transfer.ux,set.full.path)
  • Cannot evaluate expression (apm.upgrade.load.transfer.ux,set.full.path)
  • Script 'upgradeLog'  line 478: ERROR TypeError: PHASE has no properties at char 1
  • Script 'upgradeUtility'  line 409: ERROR ReferenceError: getRTEParm is not defined at char 1
  • Unrecoverable error in application:  wizard.run on panel call.process
  • Unrecoverable error in application:  se.call.process on panel call.rad.1
  • Unrecoverable error in application:  apm.upgrade.load.transfer.ux on panel set.full.path

We unfortunately do not have a current support contract, because the Government is only in the very early stages of budgeting for the support dollars.  

I'd really like to move forward with the upgrade, but I am not certain how to proceed.  I reviewed the forums and support site for information, but am coming up empty.  If there is anyone out there who might be able to assist, I'd appreciate it.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hello

I think that this document could help you with this problem.

https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/doc/KM00519031

please, let me know if you can see it.

BR!

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

I cannot see any "corruption" in the table.  What exactly might that look like?  I compared the sandbox and dev instance versions and as you can see in the attachment, the application did not get upgraded, hence the error.  

If I overwrite the existing table in the dev instance with the one that is in sandbox and attempted to re-run the upgrade, the system would think it is already upgraded, would it not?  Is that what you are suggesting?

If it is not, then the only other instance I have is production with the same data that is currently in dev.  Appreciate your assistance.  Thanks.

Max

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.