Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

ACTION NEEDED: Which Service Manager topics would you like more explanation on?

Hi Members,

In the Service Manager Entitlement Pilot forum , we would like to conduct a number of sessions on specific Service Manager topics where  you would like to get more explanation on. These sessions will be reordered by experts and will be made available in the Entitlement forum.

We will also have the same experts available at certain times to answer any questions you might have on the specific session.

We can think of specific topics that we would like to discuss but we want you as users of the Service Manager product to tell us which topics you would like to see explained in more detail.

We will be collecting topics until December 15th, after which we will create a list of topics based on the feedback we receive. We will make this list available and start to create a calendar when these sessions will be discussed.

Appreciate your help on this.

The Service Manager Entitlement Pilot Forum is only available to members that have a valid support contract on Service Manager. If you have a valid support contract and don’t have access yet, please send an email to SWCommunity@hp.com  and include your valid support contract so that we can grant you access.

Greetings,

Bill

Micro Focus Software Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
8 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

One topic that I'd love to see discussed would be the options for not just load balancing HPSM in a web-tier environment but also allowing for High Avaialbility - for example, say my session to a specific Web Tier in the loadbalance pool is droped because the Webserver powers down unexpectedly, that session would be availalbe on a separate Web Tier and I would not loose any information entered but not yet saved on my current record being input.

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hello Bill,

Maybe I am thinking too globally but I would like to hear about Request in HP SM.

Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Agreed. Load balancing is of great interest.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

More details on the available Web Classes (style sheets) would be nice, for further documentation on how to customize the web part. There are a lot of classes in the css and afaik they are all undocumented.

We once raised a support call for that and I'm aware HP did such docu in presentation format, but with branding for a certain customer only (so its not globally available).

Thanks, Robert

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Also a agree on the Load Balancer topic - thats more a feature request I suppose? We have a DB Cluster so if one of the DBs goes down, or is taken down for patching, the existing load balancer sessions on that db can't continue on the other db server, due to the load balancer SM handling (I'm not into DB's totally, so not totally sure if the above description is right).

I know our DB Admins always bully us that the SM application is not able to handle that 🙂

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hi members,

Thanks to those that took the time to provide feedback. We have collected the feedback and are looking at how we can provide more information to you on the topics you mentioned in this forum.

We will be coming back to you in January with the results on what sessions we can offer.

Thanks again.

Greetings,

Bill

Micro Focus Software Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Another topic... for those of us still getting our feet wet:

Using the RAD Debugger, reading a RAD Application, tracing RAD both on Client and using sm.ini debug parameters.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Using the IE JavaScript debugger or Firefox JavaScript debugger to debug JavaScript.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.