New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

ACTION NEEDED: Which Service Manager topics would you like more explanation on?

Hi Members,

In this forum, we would like to conduct a number of sessions on specific Service Manager topics where  you would like to get more explanation on. These sessions will be reordered by experts and will be made available in this forum.

We will also have the same experts available at certain times to answer any questions you might have on the specific session.

We can think of specific topics that we would like to discuss but we want you as users of the Service Manager product to tell us which topics you would like to see explained in more detail.

We will be collecting topics until December 15th, after which we will create a list of topics based on the feedback we receive. We will make this list available and start to create a calendar when these sessions will be discussed.

Appreciate your help on this.

Greetings,

Bill

Micro Focus Software Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
16 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello members.

It's a interesting and good idea.

I suggest discuss about SLA, I'm trying to understand how to get reports and how to know explain if our SLA are correct.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral

Hello,

Bill you will merge data from all branches on 15 of December? I think I should not post in all HP SM branches same reply.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral

Hi Vadim,

We will be looking at how we can merge some of the forums in January. AS I understand that you don't want to reply to the same message in different forums. In this case I wanted to send this out into the different forums so that they also could give their opinion and if they are customer with a support contract they could join this forum.

I will be sending out a post soon on a proposal on how we could merge the forums.

Thanks and have a nice weekend.

Greetings,

Bill

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I get a lot of questions from users about how Deadlline is calculated, OLA's and variables of 8 hour days, week-days, week-ends, holidays,etc.  We have users that are located in various time zones and countries/cities (All US time zones, Prague, London, Australia, Philipines, Paris, Japan, India) Right now we basically tell them "don't worry about what the deadline says..." but that's not a very good answer 🙂 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Topics of personal interest:

* Automatism (Agents / Schedules vs. Triggers vs. formatcontrol)

* RAD Commands/Routines

Okay, now this is a huge topic.

The problem is that there's barely any documentation about them and you simply don't know what is available

for you to use in FC - subroutines and end up writing a script instead of using the ready-to-go RAD routine.

(At the moment i only use axces.write, getnumb.fc, fill.fc, us.link and maybe there are lots more i would use

if i only could find a documentation on them - the RAD Routines help isn't even remotely complete)

* Performance Best Practise

Will be using an rtecall in format control > calculations be faster than using a javascript in display screen ?

(Just as example)

Ya, those would be 3 big topics 🙂

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Here are the topics I would like to see covered:

1. SLM - Our company has not rolled out this module.  There was a lot of confusion regarding this module even from the HP developers we had onsite setting up our environment

2. Performance Tuning/Maintenance and archiving - I'd like to see some general tips and advice on how to maintain the SM7 environment

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

1. More information on troubleshooting the system - what to do with the various error messages in the logs, java stack traces, etc.

2. Specific examples of creating notifications that go into the Historic activities of an incident ticket

3. How to schedule a report builder report so that it executes at a particular time and generates a hard copy output (or even an email of the output).

4. How to transfer new information from a development instance of SM to a production instance (like new CIs and their relationships, etc.) 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral

Hi members,

Thanks to those that took the time to provide feedback. We have collected the feedback and are looking at how we can provide more information to you on the topics you mentioned in this forum.

We will be coming back to you in January with the results on what sessions we can offer.

We are now closing the post.

Thanks again.

Greetings,

Bill

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Bill,

Any updates on the topics to be discussed
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral

Hi Mandar,

Yes, I will be posting something this week. We have created the long waited for list along with the first video. More will follow.

I will post something this week and apologize to all for the delay.

Greetings,

Bill

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral

Hi Members,

First my apologizes for the late follow up regarding the sessions we would like to conduct on Service Manager topics that you have requested.

Based on the feedback we have received, we will be creating video sessions on the following topics:

• Archiving
  • Database tuning
  • High Availability Environment
  • RAD application overview/understanding RAD I
  • RAD application overview/understanding RAD II
  • RAD programming, troubleshooting based on trace
  • Notification engine
  • Rtecalls
  • Macros

We will be starting to create and make these videos available starting in the week of April 9th, 2012. The first video session will be on the “Overview of Service Manager's Rapid Application Development”.

These sessions will be up to 20 minutes. We will be posting the link in a separate post and will be tagging it “HPSM Video”. 

As more videos are created all you will need to do is to click on the tag to see all the videos we have created. You also have the possibility to submit any questions you might have regarding the video session in that specific post, so that we can have an expert answer your question.

We will announce as a reply in this thread when the next video is available.

Greetings,

Bill

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.