Highlighted
Absent Member.. Marouen Absent Member..
Absent Member..

AD login using alternative operator name

Hi folks 

My customer is wishing to connect SM 7 (9.30 soon) to his Active directory for user logins but, due to organizational changes, some users have 2 or more operator names in SM. The idea is to link these operator names to the same AD logins allowing the users the use any logins they want but with the same password in AD.

Anyone here has acheived  this before ?

Regards

Tags (5)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Absent Member.. John Stagaman Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: AD login using alternative operator name

I'd suggest that your customer clean up their SM system and get rid of the mulitple IDs for users.

Unless the operator login id exists in AD, you will not be able to authenticate against it. So if a user has 3 SM logins and the aliases are not defined in AD, they will not be able to login using LDAP authentication for the additional logins.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Absent Member..

Thanks for the reply

I thought that SM allows to have multiple logins (or alternative checks when the user is not on AD). I was thinking that maybe there is a way to save into the operator's profile the AD username that should be checked with.

Example :

SM1 and SM2 are the two operator profiles of the user, 

AD1 is the unique profile of the same user 

SM1 is identical to AD1, Can we map somehow SM2 to AD1 ?

Cheers

0 Likes
-m- Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I agree with John that enforcing a single login name is more manageable in the long run. However, it sounds like you might be interested in the LDAP Base Name and LDAP User DN fields in the operator record.

LDAP User DN field: ldap.dn.userid

Description: LDAP authenticates against this name in place of the operator name.

0 Likes
John_Baker Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Mapping one or more SSO usernames to a single Operator entry is standard, and popular, functionality in SSO Plugin: http://www.ssoforservicemanager.com/

John

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi there

Yes, in fact this is what we were trying to use but it does not look like working. Anyone here had the chance to use it before ?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.