Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

About tailoring HP Service Manager through HTML Viewer form component

Good morning / Good afternoon,

Our customer has some specific requirements related to the HP Service Manager interface. We are ready to implement these requirements using the HTML Viewer component. We join herewith a sample implementation of a custom element used for searching services (please see the attachment).

To make use of this implementation please do:
- upload "testautocomplete.unl" from the archive "example.zip"
- upload "menu-home.unl" from the archive "example.zip" or manually add a new item to the "HOME" menu and apply the following parameters:
• Description: test device autocomplete
• Application: se.call.process
• Parameter Name: name
• Parameter Value: testautocomplete
• Condition: true

To run:
Important! The server to which this sample is uploaded must have internet access for loading the client-side jQuery scripts. If this is not the case, you’ll have to manually override the links in the script library testautocomplete.

1. Open the web interface
2. Pull down the menu item Miscellaneous
3. Open the menu item test device autocomplete
4. When a new tab opens, focus the cursor on the search element and start typing the first letters of the name or the description of the service being searched for (your screen should look similar to the screenshot "example.png" from the archive "example.zip")

Question: can the vendor approve such a customization of HP Service Manager?

Tags (1)
8 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: About tailoring HP Service Manager through HTML Viewer form component

Hi,

According to HP's policy, I am afraid that HP Support cannot handle customization issue, if this case need a tailoring, you would better suggest them to contact PSO team as they are experts on this kind of issue.

Thank you and Best regards,

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hello Andery,

I am not very clear about your question? my understanding is you are not querying about a customiztion issue, can you give more details about what you mean by vendor?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Hello zhenw !

Is this solution acceptable from the standpoint of the vendor?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi,

As  mention it, your customization, even if it works fine will not be supported so you do it at your own risks.

In general, be carreful with external components since the code change quite a lot between version 9.3x and 9.4x (even between the 9.40 and 9.41).

Regards,

Nicolas

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

What is PSO team?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

What is not satisfied with this solution? Data communication or html with links to external client scripts?

Can you give an example of code changes between 9.3x and 9.4x that can affect to the solution? This solution can run on both versions 9.3x and 9.4x.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Hi Andrey,

I just tested your Unload on my 9.40 out of the box (oob) system.

I needed to update your ScriptLibrary, bacuse the field "annotation" is not available in my system.

If I understand your function correctly, than the oob function of autocomplete is doing the same stuff without the need of implementing an external javascript code.

You just need to add a corresponding link line to your format and activate autocompplete in the forms designer for this field (autocomplete is available for "comfill" only, there it is the last option in the properties.

Greets

Matthias

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Hi Matthias!

In our example, autocomplete works with its own specific features, such as highlighting the information entered by the user and auto-complete data may turn out by accumulation of different environments (in the example of a simple data retrieval from the table Device). We are also in the final product would like to use advanced components, such as tree-like list of services.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.