Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Add a new server to an application model via HPSM change module

Hi!

I want to find a good way to add or remove a server-CI to/from an application model via Change in HPSM. I've looked at the workflow for normal change with an CMDB update, where you get three options

* select from Baseline

* Set Attribute name and values

* Set relationship

So I want to set a relationship to a new server, but I can't find my new server since it is not in the affected CI list for this service yet. I don't see a good way to remove a server from a model either.

What is the best practice to update the CMDB with a model containing only a service and servers? (we are starting out very easy with a model containing Application Service and Servers/Nodes)

We discover every servers with UCMDB and builds models in UCMDB Browser and then push this to the HP SM.

So my quetsion is how do I "tell" the person who should update the model that he should add a new server to the model and remove an existing one? And also mark get the history CI'change on the right servers?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.