Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
TPRMT Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Add ability to open a ticket's parent record from a task

Jump to solution

Hello All,

I would like to post my query here. is there a way to open a ticket parent record from the task regardless of the module Incident/Problem/Request/Change.  There is an option in incident/problem/change module to click on More option and view parent record. But the same is not in request module. Also i need to know if there is any other way for all other modules as well.

Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Super Contributor.. josh Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: Add ability to open a ticket's parent record from a task

Jump to solution

This isn't the same as the "Show Parent Incident" action from your screenshot but it would allow you to view the details of the parent without leaving your current ticket and can be done with just the forms designer.

1) Create a new form. This form should include the fields for details you'd like to see from your parent incident. Alternatively, if you don't feel like creating a new form, you can skip the creation and reuse the same form that the parent ticket uses but be aware some its fields may not populate properly. As far as I know, virtual joins within virtual joins don't work. This mainly applies to things like the activity log.

2) Back on your existing incident task form (not the form from step 1), add a new tab Notebook tab (I captioned mine "Parent Details" but it's completely up to you)

3) Within your new tab, add a Subform. Set these properties for the subform:
-Format: <the form name from step 1>
-Virtual Join: true
-Input: parent.incident

This should let you view details of the parent incident within your new tab on the incident task.

If you want to do this for request tasks the same steps would apply. The only difference will be the input field in step 3. For request tasks it would be "parent.request"

10 Replies
Luis_G_SM Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello

I am not getting to well your requesting.

Are you trying to create a record from the parent record in the request module or are you to create a parent record from an already existing record and make it the children.

please explain more in detail.

BR!

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Luis,

Thanks for the response. What i mean is, as you can see in the attachment i added in the post, We can usually open the parent ticket from child window using the MORE option. This applies for Incident, Chance and Problem. But for request module there is no such option to view parent record from MORE option. I just want to know if there is any way to open the parent record without leaving the child record for request module as well as for all other modules if there is any new way to do the same.

Thanks.

0 Likes
ALARMus Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Can you tell me what is your parent and child table name ?

For example i have relation between Incidents and OCMQ tables and can view interaction from Request

But also i have child LineItem (OCML) for Request(OCMQ) and can open Interaction (Incidents) from LineItem.

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I would like to open the parent incident and view the details inside its tasks without going back from the task view. i.e viewing the incident ticket inside its tasks. The same way for problem/request/change modules. In order to do that, what are all tables i should interact with and how? Please explain me. I am new to tailoring.. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

UKT

0 Likes
Super Contributor.. josh Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

This isn't the same as the "Show Parent Incident" action from your screenshot but it would allow you to view the details of the parent without leaving your current ticket and can be done with just the forms designer.

1) Create a new form. This form should include the fields for details you'd like to see from your parent incident. Alternatively, if you don't feel like creating a new form, you can skip the creation and reuse the same form that the parent ticket uses but be aware some its fields may not populate properly. As far as I know, virtual joins within virtual joins don't work. This mainly applies to things like the activity log.

2) Back on your existing incident task form (not the form from step 1), add a new tab Notebook tab (I captioned mine "Parent Details" but it's completely up to you)

3) Within your new tab, add a Subform. Set these properties for the subform:
-Format: <the form name from step 1>
-Virtual Join: true
-Input: parent.incident

This should let you view details of the parent incident within your new tab on the incident task.

If you want to do this for request tasks the same steps would apply. The only difference will be the input field in step 3. For request tasks it would be "parent.request"

Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the response.

I have no prior experience in SM to the above steps you. If you do not mind. Kindly let me know where to do? which tables to open? etc step by step once. Please do not mind.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution
Hi josh,

I am expecting your kind reply on my last post. Or anyone else can provide assistance that would be great.

Thanks,
UKT
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Josh,

Now i know what forms to edit etc. But i m running with a different issue like.

I am not sure where to fix the Notebook tab in Design Mode. THe form is very looks very small and i don have space to put the Notebook tab. Please find the screenshot attached and let me know if you have any advise.

You can find the new notebook tab i created in right side.

Thanks,

USSKT.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution
You need to drop it on the notebook on the bottom part of the screen, so it will become a new tab.. take a look: https://docs.microfocus.com/SM/9.61/Codeless/Content/tailor/forms_creation/concepts/forms_designer.htm
Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the help. It works. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.