Honored Contributor.. Ivis Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Add new type to timeperiods?

Types are go, ava, neutral and nogo - i find it in the codes file. 
I also see that one have timeperiodconflictstypes - conflictNogoTP, missedGoToTP and overlapGOTP. 

If we want to create a timeperiod that only allows freeze for certain changes. Can you add a new type? 

Ivis. 

0 Likes
4 Replies
Super Contributor.. stsav Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: Add new type to timeperiods?

Assuming Service Manager Time Period Management.
The concepts are defined here in the online help server under Time Period Management concepts.
There are 4 Time Period Categories (TCP*) out of box:

AvailabilityHours, Maintenance Window, Neutral, and Freeze Period.

You can add more by going under the System Navigator>Time Period Management>Configuration>Time Period Categories.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Yup - i did know that. 

But you are restriceted to the 4 types - i.e go, nogo etc. Adding a new category will only use the preexsisting types. But I guess you cannot add to this without digging into the timeperiod script. 

Ivis

0 Likes
Super Contributor.. stsav Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Sorry I misread you. You can add more types via:

db>codes
Type: timeperiodType
Value: ivis (just an example ;))
Sort Order: 5
Add.

Logout/back in to check the gl "$G.tp.catTypes.list" , the new value will be {"go", "nogo", "neutral", "ava", "ivis"}

Then add a timeperiod category based on this new type - the Usage condition can be changed of course.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Hi - I did check the codes - but the issue was when I was looking at the script there are certain predefined events that are called from the ruleset that notifies the user if i.e it hits a freeze period (nogo) etc. So that is when I realized that this is just not that easy 🙂 

BR Ivis. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.