Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Adding Time to a variable

Dear Community, 

I am having a report which gives me as collums the Manager Receipt Time and as well the Epoch time.
For Epoch Time I use a varaible which calculates the time difference between the two timestamps (MRT and 01/01/1970/...).

So far so good, when I get the report both collums are populated in the excel, but beween the MRT and EPOCh I do have an Off-Set of one hour.
For Example:
when I do convert this MRT: Jun 22 2017 13:28:51 in to Epoc it is: 1498130931
But in the Report export to excel it is : 1498134531.621
And when I do convert this in MRT again it is: Thursday, June 22, 2017 14:28:51.621

So as you can see there is something off, and this should have something to do with timezone, but I don't know currently how can I add/substract 3600s to/from the EPOCH so it correctly shown in the excel export?
Or am I doing something wrong allready from the beginning?

Thanks for your help best regards,
Stephan

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Adding Time to a variable

Some background info is needed, did you write some JS code to export the columns or do you use OOB SM report functionality?

---
Moving on, this account is no longer active. Best regards, Kelalek
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.