Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
saranela Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Adding User Manual to the Change Form

Hi All,

My requirement is to add the user manuals in the change ticket and it will be visible and downloadable by the change ticket creator for particular change category tickets.

KIndly give me an idea how to achieve this by loading the manual in the SM server only. 

My customer did not agree for the us.launch.external by calling the sharepoint link.

Many Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Saranela

Saranela
0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.. John Stagaman Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Adding User Manual to the Change Form

Adding the manuals as knowledge documents would be the solution which most closely aligns with OOB functionality. You could define a KM document type specificly for change user guides and filter when the user executes the link. If using templates/models you could define the manual link in the template so that it would be available as an inut for a button/action.

If you require that a change model be selected to open a change, you could  potentially add an attachment object to the models and allow the user to access a read-only model form from which they could download the file. 

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.