Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Adding new text area in SRC via SRC tailoring

Jump to solution

Hi Expert,

I had a new array of text field (similar as the OOB description field), call summary, and do like to allow data entry to this field via SRC, but when I go to SRC tailoring -> service checkout -> delivery -> add custom field

the new field is not shown in the drop down list.

Please help

Regards

Soong 

Regards
Soong
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Re: Adding new text area in SRC via SRC tailoring

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks ALARMus, for the reply, it seem that even clearing caches doesn't help.

Any way the solution given by support is to use character field and not array of character field.

Regards

Soong Wengchew

Regards
Soong

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

I'd recommend checking JS library SRCConfigWizard and it's function getInteractionFields(), which seem to retrieve the "allowed" custom fields.

I did not dig this further, but the script seems to exclude certain a) hard-coded fields and b) certain type of fields. You can play with the code and check if this script is the reason why your custom field won't show up.

---
Moving on, this account is no longer active. Best regards, Kelalek
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Kelalek2,

Thanks for the advice, I had try changing the script, and had manage to get the field to be listed in the wizard, but I end up breaking SRC , when I restart SRC i got the following error and in the logs it was showing it was cause by field type not valid. 

line 197 change from var includeArray = ["description"];   to ->  var includeArray = ["description","summary"];

flex.messaging.MessageException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException : FieldType null not valid

src error.jpg

Can advice?

Regards

Soong 

Regards
Soong
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

I sometimes get the same error. 

usually helps clearing the browser cache and re-login.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks ALARMus, for the reply, it seem that even clearing caches doesn't help.

Any way the solution given by support is to use character field and not array of character field.

Regards

Soong Wengchew

Regards
Soong

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.