Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Alert Condition always evaluates to true

I am working with SM7.11.  I started looking into alerts recently, but they don't appear to be working properly.  I believe that the commands on the 'update info' tab on the AlertDef form should only fire if the alert condition evaluates to true... At least thats what the help file states.  However it is not working this way in my system.  I've literally changed the alert condition to 'false' and yet the alert still fires.  I found a knowledge article stating that there was an issue with the 'alert condition' field for some users and a workaround existed... however when i attempted to utilize that workaround it did not resolve my problem.  Is there some kind of setting overriding the alert condition somewhere that i'm just missing? 

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

If you do not want to use that alert, put schedule condtion also to false (why shcedule at all if we dont want to use it) alongwith alert condition.

Assign Kudos by clicking on Star on your left ,if this post helped you in any manner...Thanks...

Gaurav
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.