Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Alert stage functionality on PD on SM9.41

Jump to solution

Hi,

I would need alert stage functionality on PD, like it is available on SM9.3x. Customer does not have a SLA module, so this is the functionality for escalation. For notification is in charge other product, which triggers notification based on values of incident. Support has suggested me to use rule sets, but I doubt it could be done, also it can take me too much time.

I need if record is not updated in 15 min to set it on alert stage 1 and after that if it is not updated in 15 min set alert stage 2 and escalate incident to L2 support. If incident is updated, status should be set to updated, alert stage clock should be restarted. Also this alert stage must check working hours of support group and stop the clock when support group is not working anymore and start to run clock when support group starts duty.

Is there any alternative maybe?

Regards

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Alert stage functionality on PD on SM9.41

Jump to solution

This can only be customized in 9.41 environment since old feature had been removed.

Either addreess an enhancement request to develop team (ask support to open an ER), and then escalate this ER via sales team as business escalation, or contact professional service team to evaluate the work and do customization, would help.

Estelle.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello Wboy,

The category based alerts are no longer valid in PD.

You may configure document engine alerts and call them from the workflow to build similar functionality.

For more information you may would like to check workflow/rulesets on help server or via PD best practice document.

Estelle

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Since old category form is still present, could it be possible to start scheduler and still work like it worked on clasic SM? To do this functionality using ruleset I think is mission imposable, since clock needs to be restarted, work hours needs to be take into account and escalation should be done based on assignment group Stage 2 alert group. So before doing a development project, I would rather see more simple way.

Not related question - what should be used for assignment groups now under Systems administration > Ongoing maintenance > Groups?

Regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Wboy,

I am afraid it's not working anymore. I think you may contact support engineer to open an ER for this requirement, while we cannot guarantee when it will be implemented.

Estelle

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

I need this functionality in next 2 months, so I can finish the project. If I do not come up with workaround customer will not be satisfied with upgrade and losing a functionality. So any other ideas are welcomed.

Regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

So experts, there is no workaround for this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

This can only be customized in 9.41 environment since old feature had been removed.

Either addreess an enhancement request to develop team (ask support to open an ER), and then escalate this ER via sales team as business escalation, or contact professional service team to evaluate the work and do customization, would help.

Estelle.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.