Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Alerts

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement to trigger an ALert when certain conditions satisfies in Incident Management.

SO I have created an Alert, though the conditions are matching, still alert is not getting triggered. (Schedule class: problem)

Testing:

In CM, we have alerts for Approval Pending. Similar way I have Tried to create new one for Approvals itself(Only for testing Purpose). Everything was similar, except Alert Name. Old one is getting triggered for "approval Pending" but not the new one which has been created for testing. ((Schedule class: change))

Is there any other place to configure the ALerts??

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Shalini R

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Experts,

Any Ideas or Suggestions are appreciated..

Thanks,

Regards,

Shalini R

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I'm unfamiliar with Alerts, but I did ask a co-worker.  Here was his response:

When do you want the alert to be generated? Is it at the time the call moves to Approval phase, or after a certain interval continuously ?

Because, if my moto is to ping the approver every certain time, that call number CR123 is pending for your approval, then

1. we can create the html template in file HTML.
  2. Then in notification table, attach the html and create one note entry along with the recipient name/ ID.
  3. Then, in AlertDef table attach the note entry and set the time according to the requirement.
  4. Attach the AlertDef entry in Workflow Alert Tab.

Secondly, if the requirement is to notify the approver exactly when the call moves to Approval phase, then it is quite easy.

1.        we can create the html template in file HTML.
  2.       Then in notification table, attach the html and create one note entry along with the recipient     name/ ID. In the condition field, type – (approval.status in $file = “pending” and approval.status in $file0 ~=”pending”)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.