Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Approval Pending after Level 1 Approver Denial.

Hi Team,

We are facing an issue(M not sure if its an issue or OTB functionality which support has been saying).

Issue description:

When we raise a SR ticket there are set of approvals required depending upon the category. When the Level 1 Approver denies the request, the status of the ticket is set to Denied, BUT it goes ahead to the next level i.e. Level 2 Approver (in PENDING state). 

What Support says:

1. This is OTB Functionality.

2. Even if it goes to the Level2 Approver and even if he/she Approves/Denies the request it won't change the status of the ticket. It will be in denied state, since it is denied by the Level 1 Approver.

What is Required in our Environment:

When Level 1 Approver denies the ticket, then it shouldn't go to any other Levels for Approval.

Please let me know if you guys have faced such issue and if you have made some customizations so as to change the OTB functionality.

Thanks 

Pushpith J

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Approval Pending after Level 1 Approver Denial.

I do not think this is OOB functionality. Ticket should be routed to either previous Phase or stay in the same Phase upon Denial.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Approval Pending after Level 1 Approver Denial.

First - what version of Service Manager are you on?

Second, what do the ApprovalDef records for that Approval type look like? 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.