Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Approval comments to be disabled

Hi All,

We have a requirement like, approval comments popup up should be disabled.

I am aware this we can do by unchecking the approval comment check in cm3r object, but here we have an integration with the external system, where approval comments will be updated.

If we disable approval comment in cm3r object it doesn't capture approval comments provided by external system will not be captured.

Now my my requirement is to enable the approver comments in cm3r object, but it shouldn't popup for approval comments while approving the change. but it can popup while denying the change request.

Kindly help me on getting this.

Thanks,

VND

0 Likes
32 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

did you added the variable($override) in this display option "approval.inbox_approveall" in the ds "approval.inbox"?
Absent Member..

Hi,

Let me try this.

Thanks,

VND

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi,

I have added override to approve all selected button and it is working fine.

I did some more testing find somehting interesting.

All approver at my customer environemnt are approving using approval inbox.

Once they are selecting multiple changes and approving it is not asking for any approval comment it is absolutely fine as customer requested.

Now if customer is opening a CR and approving with the approve button on approval tab of CR form, it should popup for  approval comment, so i have removed override variable from approve button.

Now consider approver have 3crs in his queue, and he is approving CR with the apporve button of CR form, then approval comment popup is populating only for first CR and once he is opening second CR and approving then popup is not coming, is this the expected behaviour with this change.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Thanks,

VND

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

It means $override variable is continuing containing its value.
so after post-rad expression add cleanup($override) or $override=""

I forgot to mention it in previous posts.

hth,
Absent Member..

Hi,

I tried both options still behavior is same.

But I observed something new,

I am opening approval inbox and clicking on view link -> opening CR -> going to approval tab -> and clicking approve it is asking for approval comment and after approving the change I am canceling the change and traversing to same approver inbox page, I am clicking other cr view link and trying to approve through the approval tab it is not asking for approval comments.

If I open approval inbox page multiple tabs and selecting change in each tab with view link option and approving with the approve button of approval tab then approval comment is populating for all changes.

i think we need to cleanup override parameter some where related to approval inbox process.

Please advise.

Thanks,

VND 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hmm..
Then you can add the cleanup($override) just after you condition of false of approval comment required.
like,
f($override=true) then (approval.comments in $L.approval.parent.object=false) ; cleanup($override)

You can not clean the override variable before changing the approval.comments in object variable and it has to be done in respective process only.

And suppose it would not possible to control in such a way and possibility should be tricky.

hth,
Absent Member..

Hi,

I have tried with cleanup parameter, behavior is normal (it is asking for approval comments).

I have tried by putting in post rad expression also still behavior is same.

Any advised.

Thanks,

VND 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi,

If I add override cleanup to the approval.approve process, popup is coming every time like single change approval/ mass approval. So I completely removed from process.

I have tried by adding cleanup process to approve button post rad expression, prerad expression and both, but the behavior is same like popup is coming for single change and remaining changes it is automatically taking first change approver process, while approving individual change request through the approval inbox and on same page.

Can we do anything more on the approve button to avoid auto capture of approval comment from one change to other change.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

VND

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

Hi Piku,

I have a similar kind of requirement,

when my change approver use the "Approve all selected" option and approve the tickets ,they need to give the approval commnets only once instead of giving the commnets again and again for all the tickets.The first comments should pass it to all the changes.

Kindly help.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.