Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Approval groups configuration in SM 9.60

Hi All,

We have added Approver groups and operatos to cm3r groups table and seeing there are issue in groups subscription in operator record.

Is it mandatory to add approver groups also to assignment group table.

Please help me to understand mygroups role in the configuration of approval groups and assignment groups.

Thanks,

Narendra

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Approval groups configuration in SM 9.60

Hello vadepun

Thanks for contacting us.

you say that you are running into issues when it comes to in the groups subscription. could you please share it with us, as well as your expected behavior on this.

Best Regards

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Madrigal,

Thanks for your reply, can you please help me to understand the OOB behaviour of group subscription?

we are using change managemetn extensively and we had many approver groups to be confogured.

what is the best practice to add approver groups and approvers.

Thanks,

Narendra

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

It depends on how you setup the approvals.

In OOB, the assignment group(table:assignment) is also used for the approval groups. You can set the approvers of that group in the approvers tab. 

For example, if you want to use an approval group in the Approval defenition record,

1.  Create/ update the assignment group record with the approvers in Approvers tab of assignment group

2. Go to approval definition record. Enter the Assginment group name in the Group/oper field.

When the approval definition is used, all the Approvers of the assignment group will be able to see the change.

I believe as of SM 9.40 the use of cm3groups in the change managment is depricated. 

Thanks.

Give Kudos if it helps.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, i am also under same impression that cm3groups are deprecated and i tried to create a approval definitions by configuring with assignment groups and improver's in assignment group.

Assignment groups are tagging in the change request, but approvers are not showing.

Do we have any KB or document from support to understand the complete functionality of assignment groups of SM9.60.

Thanks,

Narendra

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi Narendra, cm3groups were deprecated. Now it's assignment groups only. U can find this information on the online help: https://docs.microfocus.com/SM/9.60/Codeless/Content/change/concepts/Change_Mgmt/Change_Mgmt_Defining_Approvers.htm
Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.