sanyada185 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

ApprovalDef - When 1 member deny the tckt, it should be denied & if 1 approve approved for whole seq

Jump to solution

Dears,

I am facing one challange, below is my exact requirement.

If any ticekt is pending for approval from multiple people (in same or different sequence),  When one member deny the ticket whole ticket should be denied.

Also if any member in same sequence approves, then it should be approved for whole sequence and passed to next sequence for approval.

In OOB, i dont see any option in approval defenation.

Kinldy suggest

Regards,
Sanjay Yadav
Assign Kudo, if found post useful and mark it accepted if solves the issue.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Approval - When one member deny the ticket

Jump to solution

Dear All,

I had solved this requirement by writting a trigger on approval table to call a script, which will invioke sch record to call deny all (DO) process, to deny the whole ticket upon its very first denial by an approver ( condtion will look for deny.count filed > 0 in approval table for the ticekt record.

So with this you will get a new approvaldefiniation, to achieve below two as one solution, for approval definitation "One must approve"

1.  If any member deny the request, whole request should be dnied and ticket should not seek any approval from remaining members.

2. If any member approves, request should be approved for whole sequence and should be passed to next approval sequence if any exist, if no then ticket should be approved.

If any one is looking for similar solution, you can use this logic 🙂

Regards,

Sanjay

Regards,
Sanjay Yadav
4 Replies
Carlos_V_SM Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am not sure if your last word is "delegation" but just in case please let me know if this is the information you are looking for:

Delegate approvals to another operator

Applies to User Roles:

System Administrator and other users with approval delegation authority

You can only delegate approvals to another operator if a System Administrator enables the Delegate Approvals or Can Delegate Approvals option for you in your security role.

To delegate approvals to another operator, follow these steps:

1. Click Approval Delegation. The Approval Delegation wizard opens and displays any active approval delegations assigned to you.
  2. To create a new approval delegation, click Add New Delegation.
  3. Select whether to delegate all your approvals or to select approvals.
  4. If you are selecting approvals, make the following choices:

1. Choose which application's approvals you want to delegate.
    2. Choose how you want delegate approvals assigned to you:

• Assigned as part of an assignment group
      • Assigned directly to you as an operator

Note

You can select multiple assignment groups or operators as needed.

5. Select the delegate to whom you want to grant approval authority.

Note

HPE Service Manager only displays operators who are eligible approval delegates. If you do not see a particular operator listed as a potential delegate, it means that the operator does not have one or more of the rights required to be eligible for approval delegation. Consult your System Administrator if you want to assign additional rights to a particular operator.

6. Select the date range during which the approval delegation will be active.
Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Dear, thanks and sorry for delayed response.

But i am not looking for delegation, my request is simple, detailed explation below

In approval definition in SM 9.6, there is no option to let us define approval in amnner, so that once its been denied by a user in same sequence, whole ticket should be dined, also if its approved by one member of the sequence, it should be approved for whole sequence (this option is available as "One must approve", but it does not work for deny case).

This is impacting business as if we have three people in one approval group

Case 1: Out of 3 people if any one approves the request, then it should approve the whole sequence ( which is available)

Case 2: Out of 3 people if any one deny the request, then it should deny the whole ticket (request). There is no such option in approval definition which works for both the case.

Regards,
Sanjay Yadav
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Dear Experts,

Kinldy if any one can suggest a solution, i am looking for a approval defination which will allow below for scenario where more than one approval member in one sequence

1.  If any member deny the request, whole request should be dnied and ticket should not seek any approval from remaining members.

2. If any member approves, request should be approved for whole sequence and should be passed to next approval sequence if any exist, if no then ticket should be approved.

If any one can suggest, will be og gr8 support.

Regards,
Sanjay Yadav
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Dear All,

I had solved this requirement by writting a trigger on approval table to call a script, which will invioke sch record to call deny all (DO) process, to deny the whole ticket upon its very first denial by an approver ( condtion will look for deny.count filed > 0 in approval table for the ticekt record.

So with this you will get a new approvaldefiniation, to achieve below two as one solution, for approval definitation "One must approve"

If any one is looking for similar solution, you can use this logic 🙂

Regards,

Sanjay

Regards,
Sanjay Yadav
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.