New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Approvals Via Web Services - Approval Comments issue

Hi-

I have setup a scenario that allows users to approve service catalog requests via web services.  My only issue is the approval comments.  The requirements is users need to enter comments and they need to be transferred to the Approval records.  My initial solution was to add a field to the incidents table to store the comments then use a macro evalexpression to initialize the Approval table and comments from the interaction to the Approval.   The only flaw with this is the comments never make it to the ApprovalLog record.  My assumption is that the ApprovalLog record is created before the macro is called but I can't validate that.  Does anyone know how or when the ApprovalLog records are created?  I think if I know that, I can come up with a solution but until then I am stuck!

Thanks so much!

Andy

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The approval.approve RAD Application is designed to handle comments for processes running in the background (e.g. Web Services).

RAD Application: approval.approve

Panel: set.comments

Expressions (relevant):

if $L.bg then ($L.comments=$INTO.COMMENTS))
  $L.comments=denull($L.comments)
  if ($L.action="approve") then (comments in $L.approval={str(tod())+" <"+scmsg(12, "approval")+"> -- "+operator()}+$L.comments+nullsub(comments in $L.approval, {}))

NOTE: $INTO.COMMENTS is the array of comments passed into the approval.approve RAD Application.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.