Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Asking for Help formatting HPSM 9.40 Service Catalogue Entries HTML editor

Hi there,
We recently upgraded to HPSM 9.40 with SRC displaying the service catalogue.
When we "nicely" format text in HPSM -> Service Catalogue -> Administration -> Manage Catalogue  and edit an item's "Detailed Description" field, we save it and then "lose" the formatting when it appears in SRC.

So a 3 column table with multiple rows saved in HPSM 9.40 (web client), appears as a continuous block of text in SRC. (no line breaks for new rows, no vertical alignment for text, it is as if the table doesn't exist)

A secondary behaviour we see is that nicely spaced lines of text in HPSM 9.40 (web client) saved in the "Detailed Description" field, gains extra unsightly gaps and spaces when displayed in SRC.

e.g. 

Request Reassignment

Reassign a phone or phone number to a different user or a different cost centre

Email Mobilesupport@email.com 

Displays as:
Request ReassignmentReassign a phone or phone number to a different user or a different cost centreEmailMobilesupport@email.com

Can someone please offer suggestions for how we can format text to generate readable (non-elementary school quality) text for our service catalogue?

Thank you in advance.  For your advice and any links to relevant guidance.

Greg

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Asking for Help formatting HPSM 9.40 Service Catalogue Entries HTML editor

Hello Greg

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Based on the description of this problem, the root could be associated to the HTML source code.

Could you share with us the code? As well, if its possible, to attach screenshots of how the page looks.

Regards

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hi there.
I can share screenshots of the screens I'm using to build the service catalogue items.

I'm not coding these manually in HTML.

The end result of  typing plain text into the field. with single carriage returns.The end result of typing plain text into the field. with single carriage returns.The view of the table in HPSM managing the service catalogue.The view of the table in HPSM managing the service catalogue.The view as it appears in a browser when viewing the service catalogue as a user.The view as it appears in a browser when viewing the service catalogue as a user.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

I do find the "bullet points" much easier to work (although they have more whitespace before the bulletted list than I would prefer.  se the attached example.

HPSM-editor-bullets.pngHPSM-SRC-bullets.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Unfortunately, I asked the  same  question, but no one answered 😞 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hi Luis,

Thanks for taking a look at my question.

I recognize that the SRC viewer is using a flash interface to view the HPSM 9.40 service catalogue and that there may be limitations with how well the catalogue formatting is rendered through the flash interface.

I'm looking for guidance regarding "what works" and what should be avoided.

e.g. bulletted lists seem to work quite well, tables do not,

If there are some tips and tricks for inserting a carriage return (hitting enter) without such big gaps I'd appreciate your advice.
If you know of any specific patches we could install to improve specific functionality I'd appreciate your advice on this as well.

Thank you Luis.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hello Greg

Hope you are doing well.

Can you please show me what do you get if you hit the button "source" in the image that you are showing that has the table on it.

Thanks

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.