Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Dominic McConne Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Assignment Groups and assignee.name in Problem tickets

Jump to solution

Can you validate the assignee.name against Assignment group in Problem the same way you do with Incidents? For example, we have Incident Management Assignment Group Travel-Service-Delivery.  In format control for PM.problem.logging I put assignee.name in $file=$operators.  Even if the person is in the assignment group Travel-Service-Delivery I get the error "John Doe is not a member of the Travel-Service-Delivery Primary Assignment Group" 

Is there another calculation I need to add?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
-m- Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Assignment Groups and assignee.name in Problem tickets

Jump to solution

If you are using that model/solution, then you need to add a Format Control Query and Calculation as well.

Example FC: IM.update.incident

Queries:

Update: true

Required: true

Filename: assignment

Query: name=assignment in $file

Calculations:

Update: not null($file2)

Calculation: $operators=operators in $file2

6 Replies
-m- Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

If you are using that model/solution, then you need to add a Format Control Query and Calculation as well.

Example FC: IM.update.incident

Queries:

Update: true

Required: true

Filename: assignment

Calculations:

Calculation: $operators=operators in $file2

Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I've tried that but still get the same error.

FC: PM.problem.logging

Queries:

Upd: true

Req'd: true

Fileneme: assignment

Calculations:

calculation: $operators=operators in $file2

Validations:

Upd:  not null(assignee.name in $file)

Validation: assignee.name in $file=$operators

I updated all the Global Lists...tried opening a new  Problem..Checked that the operator is in the correct Assignment Group...

0 Likes
Absent Member.. jihad hreish Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

it seems as though the suggestion for using the FC query. calculation, validation should work as long as the query against the assignment table is in the second position of the FC queries.

For trouble shooting you might try the following FC calculation:

true for add, update .....

Calculation:  $L.a=rtecall("log",$L.rca,"$file2 is "+nullsub(str($file2),"no $file2 found"))

OR

your calculation could just be for the operators array

Calculation:  $L.a=rtecall("log",$L.rca,"operators "+nullsub(str(operators in $file2),"no operators found"))

OR

your calculation could just be for the $operators variable

Calculation:  $L.a=rtecall("log",$L.rca,"$operators "+nullsub(str($operators),"no operators found"))

You can also change the rtecall to "msg" instead of "log" if you want the message to go to the screen instead of the sm.log

Absent Member.

Jump to solution

..."validation should work as long as the query against the assignment table is in the second position of the FC queries"

I think that was the problem.  I had added the "name=assignment in $file" as the first Query in FC.  I don't really understand how those work so was just trying to copy what was done previously.  One of the drawbacks of not having a full understanding of what I'm doing! 🙂 

0 Likes
-m- Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Here is some information which should help when modifying a Format Control (FC)...

There can be a detail FC and a master FC when working on a record (e.g. Interaction). The detail FC has the same name as the format used to display the record (e.g. SD.open.interaction). The master FC corresponds to the dbdict of the record (e.g. incidents).

FC is evaluated from top-to-bottom and left-to-right so the order of operation is: Queries, Calculations, JavaScript, Validations, and Subroutines. The other areas (Forms, Addl Options, Privileges) do have functionality but they are not the focus of this summary.

The file variable which represents the active record is $file. The naming convention in the Queries section is based on position. The first query is $file1, the second query is $file2, the third query in $file3, and so on. The concept of the solution in this thread is that the query retrieves the assignment record. The Calculation builds a variable with the members of that assignment group. The Validation confirms the assignee.name is in the variable.

When working in a specific section of Format Control (e.g. Calculations), it is important to understand the distinction between WHAT is executing and WHEN it executes. The Add, Update, Delete, Display, and Initial columns determine WHEN it executes and the Calculation is WHAT executes. This is especially relevant to the solution, because it uses components from different areas. The Query needs to execute on Update so the $fileN variable exists when the Calculation is executed on Update.

Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks for the extended explanation.  It makes more sense now. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.