Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Assignment based on value combined from two fields

Hi All,

Please provide some valuable inputs on the below requirements

I have Two Fields say Field A and Field B. Both Fields have the Static List of values populated.

Now based on the values selected in both the fields I need to assign a particular ticket to a particular Group

The value in both the Fields is Independent of each other.

Please suggest how I can meet this requirement

-HB

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Assignment based on value combined from two fields

1.  Create a custom table that holds 3 columns: One for each of the 2 fields, and one that holds the name of the assignment group.

2.  Populate that table for each combination.

3.   On the format control of the ticket, upon Save or creation, do a query against that table using the values of the two fields to get the name of the assignment group and then populate the assignment group field with that value.

NOTE: Also, create a validation to make sure that those two fields are mandatory. Or you will need to add in some combinations into the custom table that includes rows where one of the two fields is blank. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.