Highlighted
Captain Captain
Captain

Assignment group in probsummary

Hi,

Just wondering if there is anything wrong with the following script for assignment group:

var f = new SCFile("probsummary");

f.assignment ="Some group name";

// call get next number ..

f.doAction("add");

I keep getting "assignment group is required" when creating the incident, otherwise all the other fields work perfectly. f.assignment group is popuated before the add and then is null after the add. is there some sort of trigger or format control I should look for or something I missed in the code?

Thanks!

0 Likes
4 Replies
Admiral
Admiral

Hi lucy-n

Code is ok. If the trigger is pre-add for probsummary is the good place to set this code.

Regards,

SM Support Engineer

Thank you for using the Micro Focus Community. If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an "accept as solution".
0 Likes
Highlighted
Captain Captain
Captain

I'm calling this script library from the PD though based on certain conditions. I want to create a new ticket when some conditions occur, not to run every time. Not sure if I should be changing the triggers unless there is no other way?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Admiral
Admiral

Hi Lucy

If you added to a ruleset that executes before record is added and the value is empty after then something else in the code is cleaning it up.

I suggest to run a trace with RTM:4 so you can search for the last time the value you assign to the assignment group shows in the trace and then check after it to see where the assignment value is empty and then you can check code around that area.

Unfortunately there is no easy way to review this issue

Regards,

SM Support Engineer

Thank you for using the Micro Focus Community. If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an "accept as solution".
0 Likes
Highlighted

You might be blanking out the assignemnt field somewhere in your rules when displaying a new ticket panel. I would search for assignment using *afind.string in the command line against file: RuleSet & formatctrl just in case.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.