Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Association between two tables to achieve it in reports

Hi Experts,

We have an requirement, please guide us how to proceed,

we are using 9.40 Codeless SM Version 

Incident Management (probsummary) and Configuration Management (device)

probsummary : incident no, affected press,etc..
device: Press Number, address, region, Press Model, Subcomponent,..

probsummary: Affected Press = BP01 (Multiple records with BP01)
device: Press Number = BP01 (Unique Value), Press Model : T454

We need to create a dashboard/report and need to show how many incidents are still in open status based on Press Model/Subcomponent in configuration management.
Scenarios for creating dashboard may vary. I mean with different fields.

Basically, with combination of two tables, We need to display data in dashboard.

In report, it should be flexible to see, based upon the Press Model(device table), how many incidents are still opened?

Please let me know, how to achieve this in service manager. Else can we achieve these kind of things through any third-party Tool?

Regards,

SHalini R

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Association between two tables to achieve it in reports

Hello

One of the common ways to link 2 tables between each other or more, is thru link records.

https://docs.microfocus.com/SM/9.60/Codeless/Content/tailor/links/concepts/links.htm

now, I don't know how your report is set up so you will have to take some other variables into consideration. 

you could use some OOB example to see how its done or how it works.

Hope this guides you.

BR!

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Luis,

Thank you for your suggestion.

With Links, we should have a corresponding fields in Source also, to map with source and target.

But I dont want to create any additional fields in probsummary table. without creating fields is their any other way to associate between two tables and display the data in Dashboard/report?

Thank You,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I think you can make some HTML-view on form and using JS get all data you need there.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.