Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Attachments via wizard

Experts,

I have created a new wizard which inserts a record into one of my custom table. This wizard is called from the ESS portal. Requirement is to provide an option to upload attachments while submitting into this custom table.

Could some one guide me on a high level to achieve this.

thx

I am Listening..
Tags (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Attachments via wizard

Is there a reason you should add attachments to your custom table, not to a "standard" SYSATTACHMENTS table.

---
Moving on, this account is no longer active. Best regards, Kelalek
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Thank you for the reply.

I have changed the design alittle bit. 

My custom table is created to insert record into incidents table . Since I didnt want to have alot of fields created in incidents, I created the custom table. The end user will also need to upload multiple attachments into the request., since the entire flow is thru the wizards, I should give the end user option to upload attachment thru the wizard.

The attachments should get inserted into the CALL record (incidents table)

I am Listening..
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Though the insertion of attachments should happen thru the wizard.

I am Listening..
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Assuming that the interaction is initialized with an interaction id at the start of the wizard (which it would be if the cc.open.from.menu app is called), you should just be able to add an attachment object to a wizard panel. That should attach to the interaction. If, however, your custom table record is the active record in the wizard, then you would need to have the wizard save your custom table record, and then set $L.file to the interaction so that the attachment object would be associated with the correct record. 

I did something like this in the ESS client, creating wizards to walk users through opening an ESS ticket and select a template. For some of the templates, the user would be prompted to enter an attachment before completing the wizard. 

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Thank you for the reply John.

I am doing something similar to what you had done.

I am navigating the user from the ESS client to create a ticket ( entry in my custom table as well as the Interaction record).  On the interaction, i am setting up an approval . Once the interaction is approved, it will create a change ticket .

So far, I am able to capture the user input and insert into my custom table. 

Once inserted into custom table, i am planning to call 'cc.first.log' from the wizard, which will create the interaction record ( in this wizard, I am skipping the display). Once the  cc.first.log process call is completed, the next wizard form will contain the attachment upload. When the user clicks on the finish button after uploading , I am planning to do an sm.save process call.

WIll this flow work ?

I am Listening..
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I had the same issue:

•  I want users to be able to add ESS interactions using wizards.
  •  During wizard workflow users should be able to upload attachments.
  •  At the end of the wizard processing, interaction should be saved by (a modified version of) Process cc.first.log.

Saving of attachment failed because value of topic fiele was NULL.

I modified the initial wizard to get a number for the interaction:

if null(incident.id in $L.file) then ($L.void=rtecall("getnumber", $L.rc, incident.id in $L.file, "incidents", $L.field))

After this modification, incident.id is set in the interaction from the beginning and attachments can be saved.

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

What I did inorder to overcome is

Created the interaction through cc.first.log process record
In the next wizard, I showed the form to upload the attachments (got incident.id from the previous wizard)
on finish called, the sm.save Process and this did it

though My new interaction category record is still opening up in the default SD.update.interaction.g format , rather than in my new update format SD.update.new , this is something I am yet to figure out.

I am Listening..
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.