Flash_Gordon_
Visitor.

Auto Populate/Fill information in fields (ess.SD.open)

Jump to solution

Hello experts,

When a user logs in through ess.do interface the default page for opening a request is loaded (ess.SD.open).

On that default page there are out-of-the-box field which are prepopulated based on the operator's profile:

contact.name, callback.contact, callback.type (and respectively telephone, email or pager).

I'm trying to achieve the following:

In addition to the above fields i want prepopulated another fields according to the operator's profile:

company, dept.name, address, etc. - all of them are present in the operator's record.

The end result should be:

User logs in and all the information is there: contact.name, company, address, etc. (which later will be used by the other operators to distribute the request correctly) and the user has to fill only the title and the description.

The SM version is: 9.40

Thank you in advance.

BR,
FG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Outstanding Contributor.. AChandler Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Auto Populate/Fill information in fields (ess.SD.open)

Jump to solution

NOTE: There are several ways this could be done - depending on the version of SM you're running, whether your SD module is on Process Designer, etc.

That being said, I just checked an OOB system and modifying the Initial calculations for the ess.SD.open formatctrl are appropriately reflected on the form.

Probably the simplest method would be to add/modify a query on that formatctrl to check the contacts table on Initial and in the calculations populate the fields you need from the contact record.

So, if that formatctrl has a query on the contacts table (with Init set to true and Query set to operator.id=$lo.user.name) and that query is the second query in the tab: on the calculations tab, you can add something like this with Initial set to true: companyField in $file=nullsub(companyField in $file, company in $file2);departmentField in $file=nullsub(departmentField in $file, dept.name in $file2);addressField in $file=nullsub(addressField in $file, address in $file2)

Note that the fields in red refer to the fields on the Interaction - I don't know those fieldnames off the top of my head, so change them to be the fields you need.

Also, this is all assuming that you've already added those fields onto the form.

3 Replies
Flash_Gordon_
Visitor.

Jump to solution

I saw several posts, related to this task... In some of them is stated that fill.fc should be used, others are achiving the same through Format Control - Calculations / Links etc.

I tried several scenarious but without success. 

Can someone explain in details what exactly are the settings for acheiving this, please ?

Again, this is related to ess.SD.open (incidents) - auto populated additional information from the contact record (company, dept.name, company.address) etc.

Outstanding Contributor.. AChandler Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

NOTE: There are several ways this could be done - depending on the version of SM you're running, whether your SD module is on Process Designer, etc.

That being said, I just checked an OOB system and modifying the Initial calculations for the ess.SD.open formatctrl are appropriately reflected on the form.

Probably the simplest method would be to add/modify a query on that formatctrl to check the contacts table on Initial and in the calculations populate the fields you need from the contact record.

So, if that formatctrl has a query on the contacts table (with Init set to true and Query set to operator.id=$lo.user.name) and that query is the second query in the tab: on the calculations tab, you can add something like this with Initial set to true: companyField in $file=nullsub(companyField in $file, company in $file2);departmentField in $file=nullsub(departmentField in $file, dept.name in $file2);addressField in $file=nullsub(addressField in $file, address in $file2)

Note that the fields in red refer to the fields on the Interaction - I don't know those fieldnames off the top of my head, so change them to be the fields you need.

Also, this is all assuming that you've already added those fields onto the form.

Flash_Gordon_
Visitor.

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for the input @AChandler!

Worked as expected.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.