Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Auto Populate the Host Name/IP Of Client machine on SRC

Hello All,

We have a SRC Portal configured in our environment with HPSM 9.41 on Windows with Tomcat as a web server.

We have a Catalog item (USB Access) user can  request from the SRC Portal. Now we provied a free text box where user will enter thier hostname on which they need USB Access. Now customer is asking to Auto Populate the Hostname field with user's machine's MAC/IP on SRC when user click on USB Access item.

I tried to get the Hostname(IP) of client machine within SM (Both Web and Windwos) and it is working as expected. But not able to get data on SRC Portal.

Please help me to get Hostname of client machine on SRC Portal's Field. is there any possiblities? Please lt me know.

Thanks,

Sachin

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Auto Populate the Host Name/IP Of Client machine on SRC

Hi Sachin,

Hope you are doing fine.

Until I know there is not such documentation to populate the hostname in SRC, my suggestion is to check the guides from SRC for any clue or contact R&D for details about it.

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

As in SM 9.41, I haven't found a way to include variables as a default value for user options. Only workaround I know is to use dynamic field validation with "Record in table", and make sure the query retrieves only one record from that table.

So basically, to make that work, you should write hostname and IP to a custom table (with a username) and then pick that information to SRC elements by forcing user to choose only one option.

For example, table would have two entries per login, such as:

username1 - ip - 140.12.22.1

username1 - hostname - hostname.corporation.net

The problem is to find the latest entry as the table contains eventually several entries from a single user, but I guess this approach is quite tricky even without such issues!

Unfortunately I can't come up with an easier way.

---
Moving on, this account is no longer active. Best regards, Kelalek
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

I have not done this in the SRC client, but I have often pre-populated user options on catalog screens. Try manipulating vars.$L_file.options in the JavaScript of the svcCat.display.item displayscreen.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Thank you all for your inputs. Sorry for the delayed response here.
Yes, I have managed to convince my customer with this feasibility/limitation and given a solution in a different way.
Loaded all required Active Directory data into one of the SM custom table using scheduled CIT scenario. I have Written a query for perticular SRC dynamic filed to fetch data from the custom table.

Solution accepted!😊

Regards,
Sachin
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.