Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Super Contributor.. Atyler68 Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Auto Populate the requested end time in a standard change

Jump to solution

Hello Experts,

I have a question to ask the team.

Is there a way to auto populate a field that contains a time and date that will calculate the field with the results of 24 hours from the date of the ticket being opened?

So if I open the ticket on 11/10/16 at 7:00am. Can I have the requested end time in the standard change as 11/11/16 at 7:00am?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. John Stagaman Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Auto Populate the requested end time in a standard change

Jump to solution

You need to recreate the template and (just apply the current one to start a new one). Right before you save the template populate the date field with the time 24 hours ahead. Save the template. It should save the relative date adjustment in the template, not the value you used.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
4 Replies
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

In classic mode, you can use a format control calculation that runs on Add::

targetTimeFieldName in $file=tod()+'1 00:00:00'

Not at SM at the moment, but in codeless mode, I think there's a rule type that does this pretty easily. 

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thank you so much John for replying to the post. I think that I did not explain the issue in enough detail.

The issue that I'm having is that I have created the standard template with some of the fields filled out with the information that is pre-approved. 

The isse that I'm having is that when the ticket is opened as a standard change most of the information is filled in but the user would like the Requested End Date to show 24 hours from the time that the ticket is opened.

I might be thinking about this wrong but when I create the template and fill in all of the information given to me, when the user opens the change most of the information is complete but they want to add that the requested end time show as prefilled too.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

You need to recreate the template and (just apply the current one to start a new one). Right before you save the template populate the date field with the time 24 hours ahead. Save the template. It should save the relative date adjustment in the template, not the value you used.

Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thank you John. This is exactly what I was looking for as a solution. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.