Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Andy_HPSM Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Auto Save & Exit on new escalated Incident

Jump to solution

I am using SM 9.40 with Process Designer.
In the current workflow when I escalate an interaction it opens an unsaved (to the database) Incident.  If a User clicks the Save and Exit button the record is saved and the screen displayed is then the interaction.
I want this clicking of the Save and Exit to be automatic and occur on every escalated interaction without user interaction.  It seems like an extra not necessary click for our users to have to choose Save and Exit.

I tried creating a JavaScript rule running on intialization and having the Rule Set run this line of code:
system.vars.$L_file.doAction("ok");
I tried that because the imIncident.new_ok Display Option for Save & Exit runs the action of OK

I also tried having a Rule Set call a process record which has on the Initial Javascript tab
system.vars.$L_file.doAction('ok');
The rule set also sets a value on the Incident record which is checked on the condition for running so it doesn't run twice.

Yet both of those blew up with a bunch of errors similar to
RAD stack is 73% used, please exit out of current application.
and
User falcon does not have authorization to perform the action: ok

So I'm looking for an idea on how to trigger the Save and Exit?
Thanks-

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. John Stagaman Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Auto Save & Exit on new escalated Incident

Jump to solution

You can update the screlconfig record to open the related incident in the background. (The escalation wizard used this approach in pre-PD builds).

If you view the screlconfig record for "problem" (yes, this is the one for opening an Incident (probsummary table) the pre-open expressions are:

$L.pfilename=filename($L.primary);$test1="PRE"
$L.action="add"
if ($relationType="Escalation") then (category in $L.related=category in $L.primary;subcategory in $L.related=subcategory in $L.primary;product.type in $L.related=product.type in $L.primary)
if $G.bg then ($L.bg.action=$L.action;$L.action=NULL)

Essentially, you want the last line to execute whenever the user performs an escalation. But you don't just want to set the parameters for background open at all times, because users opening a related incident from any record (IM, ChM, etc.) would also be affected. 

--The last line shows the required actions for a background add.

--Notice that line three already is based on $relationType="Escalation". We can add the required changes to that expression which will prevent the change from impacting other related Incident processes.

--Updating the record as shown will open the incident in the background:

$L.action="add"
if ($relationType="Escalation") then (category in $L.related=category in $L.primary;subcategory in $L.related=subcategory in $L.primary;product.type in $L.related=product.type in $L.primary;$L.bg.action="add";$L.action=NULL)

Note that if you have the system configured to present possible solutions from current tickets (based on a matiching service, configuration item, or similar description), that screen will display prior to the creation of the incident. The user can then select "Open New Incident" OR associate the new Interaction to an existing Incident or Known Error. After they select "Open New Incident" the IM opens in the background. You would need to disable solution matching to bypass this step.

Note: the above code is from a SM 9.34 with the PD4 Content Pack applied. While I am not aware of any changes to this mechanism in 9.40, it is possible that the 9.40 Pre-Open Expressions vary from those above. In that case, modify the new expressions as needed, but do not overwrite with the 9.34 code.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
4 Replies
Absent Member.. John Stagaman Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

You can update the screlconfig record to open the related incident in the background. (The escalation wizard used this approach in pre-PD builds).

If you view the screlconfig record for "problem" (yes, this is the one for opening an Incident (probsummary table) the pre-open expressions are:

$L.action="add"
if ($relationType="Escalation") then (category in $L.related=category in $L.primary;subcategory in $L.related=subcategory in $L.primary;product.type in $L.related=product.type in $L.primary)

Essentially, you want the last line to execute whenever the user performs an escalation. But you don't just want to set the parameters for background open at all times, because users opening a related incident from any record (IM, ChM, etc.) would also be affected. 

--The last line shows the required actions for a background add.

--Notice that line three already is based on $relationType="Escalation". We can add the required changes to that expression which will prevent the change from impacting other related Incident processes.

--Updating the record as shown will open the incident in the background:

$L.action="add"
if ($relationType="Escalation") then (category in $L.related=category in $L.primary;subcategory in $L.related=subcategory in $L.primary;product.type in $L.related=product.type in $L.primary;$L.bg.action="add";$L.action=NULL)

Note that if you have the system configured to present possible solutions from current tickets (based on a matiching service, configuration item, or similar description), that screen will display prior to the creation of the incident. The user can then select "Open New Incident" OR associate the new Interaction to an existing Incident or Known Error. After they select "Open New Incident" the IM opens in the background. You would need to disable solution matching to bypass this step.

Note: the above code is from a SM 9.34 with the PD4 Content Pack applied. While I am not aware of any changes to this mechanism in 9.40, it is possible that the 9.40 Pre-Open Expressions vary from those above. In that case, modify the new expressions as needed, but do not overwrite with the 9.34 code.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
Super Contributor.. Andy_HPSM Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks John.

Initial testing shows a success in our 9.40 environment.

0 Likes
Established Member.. DanLake
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Thank you very much John. I just upgraded an instance to 9.4 PD and was looking to implement the same 'save and exit' functionality. Much Appreciated.

Dan

0 Likes
Madhu_Ranganath Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Dear Andy,

I understand by your reply that you are able to skip the page "Incident Solution Matching" before the incident gets created in 9.40. Could you please guide me on to achieve that.

Regards,

Madhu

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.