Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Auto assign tickets

Hi All

We use HP Service Manager and we have multiple groups setup where tickets get assigned to 

Currently we use a system where engineers log in and take tickets from the null q but that is not working for obvious reasons 🙂

Is it possible to just do a simple automatic assignement from the queue to a group of engineers based on their timezone and time of ticket creation ?

Thanks for any help

0 Likes
11 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello.

The first thing that comes to mind - use triggers for tickets (probsummary table I suppose) "after add" and check your conditions for ticket and compare operator data from assignment list.

I dont know may be you need random select from list of engineers that meet the conditions.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hi

Thanks for reply - so i am new to all of this

Where do i access triggers ? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

In command line (in SM) i need write - triggers, and press enter.

But in trigger you need use javascript !

So tell me what is your table for ticket where you need set assignment ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi, Whats your version, if its above 9.41 then OOB Assignment rule will be available to use round robin and other technique to assign tickets to engineers. 

Regards,
Sanjay Yadav
Assign Kudo, if found post useful and mark it accepted if solves the issue.
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

hey

yep its 9.41.3016 

Can you tell me how to create and use this OOB assignment rule ? I cant see that option anywhere

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

I was looking at this but i dont have any access to this stuff, do i need to be a system admin to do this ? 

https://docs.microfocus.com/SM/9.41/Classic/Content/applicationsetup/tasks/Add_an_assignments_rule_rule.htm

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Go to the workflow and create a new Rule using Assignment and then you can configure it as shown below.

sanyada185_0-1597323471296.png

Regards,
Sanjay Yadav
Assign Kudo, if found post useful and mark it accepted if solves the issue.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Thanks but i dont see the option of a workflow - here is what i have (attached) - where is the workflow located

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

shouldnt there be a system navigator ? i dont have that

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

In order to view and/or modify the workflows for the various modules, you have to have security rights that allow you that capability.  in an out of box implementation this requires you to have proper access in the Tailoring secArea as well as the configuration secArea for the module in question (Incident Management Configuration in this case).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Your SM system administrators can help with this setup 🙂

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.