Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Auto creation of operators advice needed

Jump to solution

We have LDAP integration setup on our system, just for authentication.  I want to set it up, so that if someone logs into the SRC portal, they get an operator record created automatically.  I had this working with using *SYSDEFAULTS in the Info company record under operator template.  I then created a *SYSDEFAULTS operator record and marked it as a template.  This worked, users could login and get a new account created if they didn't have one.

However, I noticed that in the database, the profile.service field was null.  This caused issues on the Approval Delegation search, as it looks at this field and doing a query wouldn't actually return the result.  From reading up on templates, the *SYSDEFAULTS template is applied when you view the ticket, hence the values looking like they're the in SM.

So, my question is:  How do I get these values populated when a user is created using the template system?  I tried creating a different template and putting that in the Info record, but when I remove the *SYSDEFAULTS one, it doesn't auto create the operators.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Thanks for your response.  I ended up having a trigger on 'Before Update' on the operator record, which sets a few values if a certain field is null.  Clunky, but it works.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

>So, my question is: How do I get these values populated when a user is created using the template system?

Well, one old fashioned way is to create a Javascript that does the changes you want. Let's say, you make a query to operators which profile.service field is null -> fix that with a correct value.

Then, create a new schedule record which is run f.ex. every 5 minutes and runs the Javascript.

Otherwise, I sounds like a product defect which requires some RAD application changes. (IMHO, auto creation of operators is really underdeveloped part of SM product!)

---
Moving on, this account is no longer active. Best regards, Kelalek
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Thanks for your response.  I ended up having a trigger on 'Before Update' on the operator record, which sets a few values if a certain field is null.  Clunky, but it works.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hello Lan,

could you tell me the steps in configuring the operator template based  on *SYSDEFAULTS. I am having issues.

so far, I have done

1. created the *SYSDEFAULTS operator account. (unchecked the checkbox template.operator, mentioned the ESS menu, user role, capability etc)

2. In the system info record, added the *SYSDEFAULTS name in the operator template.

I am having issues when the user logs in.

LDAP insufficient access error is coming as well as the operator account is not getting created.

thx

dev

I am Listening..
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

If you have the account created in SM, does it allow you to login via LDAP?  You want to get that working first, and then work on the template stuff.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..
Yes, LDAP login is working.
Now I am trying to make the template working for ess portal.
After disabling lfapauthenticateonly parameter, I ee that operator account is getting created , but the first ,last and full name fields which are mapped are not getting populated

Advice plz
I am Listening..
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.